• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 2: MTM Shirts courtesy of Drinkwaters

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 1st auction of the year is for a Goodies from No Man Walks Alone. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ET's Hidden Camera Exposé: Ugly Vanessa - Turn on Your TV

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here is the flaw in the premise:
"....No matter what the package I come in looks like, I'm still the same Vanessa."

ATM

Reaction score
I can't believe they're calling it "ground-breaking". This has been done before.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
she looks a little like Jiminy Glick

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ATM
I can't believe they're calling it "ground-breaking". This has been done before.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock or somebody else who went undercover as a white dude in an old SNL episode?

ATM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Was it Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock or somebody else who went undercover as a white dude in an old SNL episode?
Eddie.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ATM

Some of it is hype, including last night's episode with a segment that essentially was but a preview (sorry). However, the previous Vanessa Minnillo special had her as an extremely overweight woman, like Tyra Banks in her own special, and "Ugly Willa" in the recent EXTRA exposÃ
was more geeky than homely. Whether or not non-verbal reactions to "Ugly Vanessa" are really reactions to her or merely perceived as such, it should be a rare look into how unattractive people sense they are treated. A show ought to do a similar segment on unattractive men.

ATM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
A show ought to do a similar segment on unattractive men.
Already been done but don't remember the show. For one test, they sent two men with equivalent resumes but divergent looks to interview for the same job. Results were predictable.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy

If Gwyneth had her existing figure, but dressed, groomed and carried herself the way she did in that movie, she'd be only marginally more "attractive" than she was in that movie.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a joke of a "series"

The results of such a "test" is so predictable, ET might as well aim a camera at the sky every morning to try to prove that the sun rises from the east.

I always find it interesting that it's the attractive people who makes comments such as
-beauty is only skin deep
-it's what's inside that matters
-"I'm still the same Vanessa"

I don't hear ugly people say such things, nor do I hear poor folks say money is not important.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gosh golly. It's so easy to go around making comments like she did about how things are more difficult if you are less attractive. I didn't bother watching it, the results of their "study" I'm sure are quite predictable. Afterall, what does she have to worry about if people snub her, or treat her like crap? At the end of each day after she takes off the fat suit and ugly clothes, she's still a wealthy hottie dating/engaged to some guy who, wow... is also wealthy, and a hottie. Guess looks really do matter! Honestly, how can these reporters do this with a straight face? Acting lessons? Lack of shame? Anything in the pursuit of fame, and the all-mighty buck. Gag.

Reminds me of those shameless publicity stunts that celebs or news anchors do... spending a night on the street with the homeless to see how tough it is, when you know bloody well that the next day s/he's soaking in their hot tub, scrubbing off the dirt, sipping chardonnay and going on about how smelly some of the people were to their significant other.

Fact of the day: in general, all other personal aspects held constant, people will treat you better if you're more attractive.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque

oh, i thought you meant this:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 32.0%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%