Etro suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Toiletduck, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

I was out shopping the other day and happened upon an Etro suit. It was Grey worsted with purple pinstripes. I loved it. The cut and fit too was great. Any views on Etro suits? I am very tempted.

2. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

they are very much the simular standard to paul smith's suits with a bit of flash behind the collar! i think they were fabric makers b4 getting to the fashion side of thing a bit like zegna!

3. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I have an Etro suit. Cut is very British with a little bit of Etro's Italian flair in some (hidden) details, e.g. undercollar and lining. If you buy in NYC at the Etro flagship store, their house tailor is very competent - he is the same who makes custom suits on the last floor. I love my Etro suit - fabric and cut are awesome. I heard they were manufactured by Boglioli, which cuts and styling I also love. The only problem is construction : fused [​IMG]

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I like Etro a lot. Very playful fabrics. More British than Italian in styling, very much like an Italian version of Paul Smith. Price is a tad high at full retail, one would think they were hand canvassed at that pricepoint.

5. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

I have very similar experiences with Etro that others have posted. I buy mine at a place where most shoppers are not confident enough nor slim enough to wear Etro, and so they go on deep discount. My last Etro suit was 75% off (only about $375 is all it cost me, with alterations!). It's brown with neon green pinstripes[​IMG] [​IMG] . It looks cool with Vass boots.

6. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Etro is an interesting brand. However, its prices have always seem high to me. I guess if I found it at enough of a discount then I might become interested.