• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Etro Shoes made by...?

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, anyone know who Etro shoes are made by?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't know etro made shoes. In any event, since they're probably contracting it out, it's probably overpriced at whatever retail price point they're aiming at. Most contracted out shoes usually are.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea there way over priced..there sneakers run about 500 dollars which is insane..and but they still look pretty cool ..i got some from eluxury for like 150 on sale a while back but id never spend 500 on em

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reason I'm asking is because I saw a pair of brown antiqued Chelsea boots on sale there @ ~280 USD.

On sale in HK, only thing is their soles seem to be glued on??

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Reason I'm asking is because I saw a pair of brown antiqued Chelsea boots on sale there @ ~280 USD.

On sale in HK, only thing is their soles seem to be glued on??

Hum, at the risk of me taking those shoes from under you, where did you see them?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think that they're license is held by Artioli... but I'll have to double check on that. In general, Artioli makes very nice shoes, but they also make them to the specifications designated by the designers. As such, some of the shoes they produce are really quite unexpectedly crappy. That being said, some of the higher-end Etro shoes I've seen were actually decent, for designer shoes.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pare of Etro semi-brogues from Ebay. They are Blake-constructed and half-lined. They have markings: Milano and Made in Italy on the sole.
They are sized in European fashion as size 40 ,but they are definitely half-size larger than marked. So for Etro shoes prepare to downsize 1/2 of a size.
Leather is of good quality, soles are not beveled but full leather. They have noticeably forward-slanted heels, which is a nice feature.
I have average feet with high instep and these balmorals fit me very well. The toe box is highwall and semi-round. They are definitely not pointy shoes, but more along the lines of British traditional lasts. For a reference: they are more round than 337 last from C&J.
I am very pleased with these Etro shoes.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it you who snagged those size 40's with a BIN offer of $110??? Those were a good deal. But I have to ask, if you aren't wearing those sweet Canali semi-brogues, how are going to find a reason to wear the Etro's? On the other hand, I know someone with a size 40 who could put them both to good use...
devil.gif

Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I just bought a pare of Etro semi-brogues from Ebay. They are Blake-constructed and half-lined. They have markings: Milano and Made in Italy on the sole.
They are sized in European fashion as size 40 ,but they are definitely half-size larger than marked. So for Etro shoes prepare to downsize 1/2 of a size.
Leather is of good quality, soles are not beveled but full leather. They have noticeably forward-slanted heels, which is a nice feature.
I have average feet with high instep and these balmorals fit me very well. The toe box is highwall and semi-round. They are definitely not pointy shoes, but more along the lines of British traditional lasts. For a reference: they are more round than 337 last from C&J.
I am very pleased with these Etro shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads