1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Etro shirts on Ebay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Jun 16, 2005.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Distinguished Member

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

I have my doubts as well. Best thing to do would be to try to find the identical item in an online store or B&M store, since it is probably unlikely that a counterfeiter has the same pattern. Even then, still possible.

3. Mike C.

Mike C. Distinguished Member

That's real. However, it is an old Etro shirts. I haven't seen one like that in 5 years or so.

4. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

Mike,
    I disagree. Check out the buttons. No "Etro" embossing. I've never seen an Etro shirt without this feature--though I've only followed the brand for about five years.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

The plastic attaching the tag looks odd.

6. T4phage

T4phage Distinguished Member

I don't know if Etro is a big enough name to be faking.. you guys know better. But this one does seem odd. Like Norcal, the buttons lack the "etro" engraved name. Also the embroidered Pegasus is poorly done, plus the fabric/pattern of the shirt looks as if it were from the more casual shirt line of Etro, but it lacks the buttondown collar. Their dressier shirts are also wildly coloured, but the fabric is much much better and the collars are not buttoned down. This one looks like a mongrel.

7. philosophe

philosophe Distinguished Member

The buttons make me think that these shirts are fake.