• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ETRO (Milan) striped shirt - beautiful design

johnpemberton

Reaction score
OFFERS TAKEN FOR THIS LOVELY ITEM

johnpemberton

Reaction score
Hi,
It is used, but lightly. There is no wear or damage to the item, and it has been professionally dry cleaned.

Size: 16.5" Collar

All info on the item can be found by clicking any of the hyperlinked images.

Thanks,
John

farooqm

Reaction score
collars a bit big for me, nice pattern and the thick MOP buttons and collar and cuffs remind me of barba gold label.

johnpemberton

Reaction score
Hi,
no problem - thanks for looking. Take a look in my ebay shop - there maybe some items in there that would suit you. Lots of brand new designer shirts listing currently.

10% DC for Style Forum users - use the coupon below.

Thanks,
John.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farooqm
the thick MOP buttons and collar and cuffs remind me of barba gold label.

I've never seen an Etro shirt with MOP buttons (and I own a few). Quality is really nowhere near Barba to be honest

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a headache from looking at that shirt.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems like shirts like this are found at NMLC a lot for about $30-40...

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I've never seen an Etro shirt with MOP buttons (and I own a few). Quality is really nowhere near Barba to be honest

Really? Both Etro shirts I own have really thick MOP buttons - just as thick as Borrelli's. I have seen Etro shirts with thinner shell buttons, though.

Agreed that the quality isn't at Barba's level, but it is still fairly decent.

farooqm

Reaction score
Simply meant the look in the pic, the cut, handstitching and I'm sure the fabric quality is of course nowhere near...

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Seems like shirts like this are found at NMLC a lot for about $30-40...

I've never seen an Etro shirt at NMLC for that price. As a matter of fact, the Etro outlet store at Woodbury, whenever they have big sales, the only thing they refuse to discount are their shirts which run about $125-150. Now whether you think the shirt is worth no more than $30 is a different matter.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Really? Both Etro shirts I own have really thick MOP buttons - just as thick as Borrelli's. I have seen Etro shirts with thinner shell buttons, though.

You're a lucky man. I've never seen an Etro shirt with MOP buttons. Thick, yes. MOP, no. Never seen one at the flagship store in NYC. Was just in Italy 3 weeks ago and bought 2 shirts there. All plastic buttons...
frown.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I've never seen an Etro shirt at NMLC for that price. As a matter of fact, the Etro outlet store at Woodbury, whenever they have big sales, the only thing they refuse to discount are their shirts which run about $125-150. Now whether you think the shirt is worth no more than $30 is a different matter.

The NMLC @ Primm near Las Vegas had a huge rack of these shirts for that price in August, I actually bought a couple of the more conservative ones, one in white with blue stripes and another in white with grey stripes.

johnpemberton

Reaction score
I must admit, my camera was straining to get the colours right on this shirt. I must say (with the item here in front of me), the quality is up there with some of the more premium brands.

I had a couple of ebay offers for this shirt, but i decided to hold onto it, as it was driving a lot of traffic! Will still take a good offer on it though. I think the price it worth it compared to some of the crap on ebay!

Have enjoyed reading the discussion on this thread.

John.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
You're a lucky man. I've never seen an Etro shirt with MOP buttons. Thick, yes. MOP, no. Never seen one at the flagship store in NYC. Was just in Italy 3 weeks ago and bought 2 shirts there. All plastic buttons...
frown.gif

Maybe my shirts have Trocas buttons, or whatever the MOP substitute is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads