1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ethnic comparison of body odor

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by King Salmon, Jun 29, 2007.

1. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

3/10

eh.

2. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

white people smeel [sic] like mayonaise [sic].
    Well I guess much like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so does "smell is in the nose of the smeller" ring true... first time I've heard of white people smelling like mayonnaise... but that's from the Black perspective evidently. From the Asian perspective, white people smell like cheese and meat.

3. Garage/Surf Rock

Garage/Surf Rock Senior member

There is a biological basis for different kinds of b.o. among races. I heard that white and black people have larger sweat glands than Asians, and whites and blacks have a different conistency of ear wax than Asians, and there other things. Sorry my post does not include anything about Latinos, American Indians, Middle Easterners, Australian Aborigines, Eskimos, or Natives of the Americas.

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Someone needs to start a thread on commentary between ear wax differences between the races.

So does anyone think a Japanese school girl in Tokyo smells like an old Betawi man in Jakarta? The question, at the very least, is overly simplistic.

5. amerikajinda

There is a biological basis for different kinds of b.o. among races. I heard that white and black people have larger sweat glands than Asians, and whites and blacks have a different conistency of ear wax than Asians, and there other things. Sorry my post does not include anything about Latinos, American Indians, Middle Easterners, Australian Aborigines, Eskimos, or Natives of the Americas.
    I wonder if anybody knows if there's a biological basis to the axiom that darker-colored people have more pungent body odor than lighter-colored people. Speaking from personal experience, this has been true for me when it comes to Asians. The two strongest-smelling girls I ever smelled were from Vietnam and India. They were extremely pungent in odor (but not necessarily bad -- just "musky"). However I've known Korean and Japanese girls who have little to no discernible body odor -- even after repeated bouts of strenuous physical exertion.

6. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

even after repeated bouts of strenuous physical exertion.

I think "excercise" was better than activity or exertion.

"Good evening ma'am, we are scientists studying body odor, would you be willing to 'excercise' with us, perhaps even repeatedly? Not for a million dollars? Well, how about two?"

7. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

that odor of dead skunk in the road is kind of like burnt Triscuit...

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I smell like sex and candy.

9. vaclava krishna

vaclava krishna Senior member

Satin Island smells, of Dakkar.

10. javyn

javyn Senior member

What kind of physical exertion and what part of their bodies smell pungent? I might agree with this...

11. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

White people smell like ignorance, cultural exploitation, oppression, and ketchup.

I can live with the rest as long as I can have my ketchup...oh, and digital cable, too.

12. King Salmon

King Salmon Senior member

13. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

I used to think white people smelled like Doritos.

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I'm not sure I agree with the darker skin necessarily equates to stronger scent. The Vietnamese girl I've been seeing for a long time now has almost no scent whatsoever (and what does exist is very sweet and subtle), and she's got pretty dark skin.

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Not to single out G/S Rock in particular, but I am amused by posts that begin with a non-obvious assertion and then support it with a citation along the lines of "I heard that . . ."

16. amerikajinda

What kind of physical exertion and what part of their bodies smell pungent? I might agree with this...

Jogging.... and armpits! Pungent... but at the same time... alluring... I guess you'd call it a strong "musky" aroma. Hard to describe but I'll never forget that uniquely feminine redolence that seared my olfactory senses and permeated the very depths of my soul...[​IMG]

17. marc237

marc237 Senior member

Not to single out G/S Rock in particular, but I am amused by posts that begin with a non-obvious assertion and then support it with a citation along the lines of "I heard that . . ."

I will have to remember to use "I heard that" in all my briefs from now on -- it will save time looking up all those annoying citations and having to adhere to icky form books. Who knows, might eliminate footnotes entirely and thereby reduce law review staffs rather considerably.

18. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

As the resident expert on the topic, I'd have to say that no matter the race, the odor tastes the same.

19. Garage/Surf Rock

Garage/Surf Rock Senior member

20. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

I once heard that white people smell like goats, primarily because of the dairy we consume.