Esquivel Shoes question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rrothsch, Jan 6, 2010.

1. rrothsch

rrothsch Well-Known Member

Anyone know how the sizing runs on Esquivel shoes? I wear mostly Donald Pliner and was curious how they compared. Any feedback would be appreciated as I love the look of some of the shoes

2. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Anyone know how the sizing runs on Esquivel shoes? I wear mostly Donald Pliner and was curious how they compared. Any feedback would be appreciated as I love the look of some of the shoes

I am not familiar with Esquivel.

I am familiar with Pliner, but only because I see them at Daffys and NM Last Call all the time.

3. frankie_four

frankie_four Active Member

would be interested, too

4. somerandomguy66

somerandomguy66 Active Member

inconsistent sizing. I have some that are true to size and some that are maybe .5-1 sizes too large. maybe it depends on the last. apparently they're handmade?

5. repp_fink

repp_fink Well-Known Member

6. repp_fink

repp_fink Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Esquivel desert boots, similar to the style seen here. I usually take a 12E or wider, and the size 12 in the Esquivel boot fits perfectly with a pair of thicker socks. The oxfords I have from him -- can't find an equivalent online right now -- are more true to size, but are still wider than my old Pliner monkstraps. If you have narrower feet, I would recommend sizing down a half size if possible.

In terms of quality, they're great shoes, and very unique -- entirely hand-cut and -crafted, as the previous poster said. He uses some very attractive distressed leathers on the uppers; if that's your taste, I recommend them.