Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Esquire Best Dressed (?)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by otis, May 12, 2005.

1. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I know nothing about nothing

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That I would watch. Of course, that would be the youth segment. The "masters" segment would consist of... From LA, a guy with a George Hamilton tan wearing a white linen suit and a peach Johnny collar shirt that Borrelli sealed its deal to the deal with, with a tan belt and loafers. From NYC, a very constipated looking I-banker type doing his best Matt Lauer imitation and wearing all bespoke in whatever was in fashion at the time (whether it be Neapolitan, Roman or English silhouette) except for his belt, which would be a crocodile belt, also from Borrelli, and Florida would have a guy dressed head to toe in Brioni sport (it's uniformly hideous stuff.) Boston would have a guy in a sack suit with with a white shirt and a rep tie and loafers (for that old money insouciance.)

BTW, pretty much anyone living in Silver Lake/Echo Park could've given this guy a run for his money too.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Of course, this is just sad. A grown man, railing that youth and hiphop are ruining the sartorial world. Storming the judges table indeed.

4. ATM

ATM Senior member

How can you judge best dressed based on one outfit?

Silly.

5. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

... more than a few nattily-attired gentlemen rushed the judges' table to exchange a few choice words afterwards. "This is a travesty," said the 46-year-old local custom clothiere, Leonard Gresham. He entered in a head-to-toe, country-clubby ensemble by Ralph Lauren. "To me, this was all about hip-hop and youth; not the best representation of Atlanta and the men who make the extra effort to dress well."
    Of course, this is just sad. Â A grown man, railing that youth and hiphop are ruining the sartorial world. Â Storming the judges table indeed.
    LOL. Â The horde of angry Trad-heads and stockbroker AJs bum-rushing the judges' table must have been quite a sight to see. Â As "American Idol" has taught us, it is much preferable to accept the judges' decision and keep your dignity intact.

6. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

I believe the swimsuit and talent competitions were held the previous night.

7. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Haha, popped collar. I think someone took a picture of me doing that while drunk, which, trust me, is the only way I'll do the popped collar. Now I must hunt down that photo and destroy the evidence.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

What a hideous way to wear a pocket watch. It is so short.

It resembles those chain buttons waiters wear on their vests.

9. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

I'm with you on this. When I first heard about the contest in passing, I assumed the magazine would ask competitors to send in a parcel of photos representing at least a few different outfits.

10. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Trust me, international piano competitions are even more egregious in their judgements.

koji

11. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

But you still pop your collar for extra points, right?

12. Eric

Eric Senior member

Man you guys are a tough crowd, jeez, looks like something I would wear minus the popped collar.

By the way is that Fred from P. Diddy's Making the Band 2?

"Ness you just gonna sit there doing your taxes? Is that what going on in the street?"

Eric

13. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

... more than a few nattily-attired gentlemen rushed the judges' table to exchange a few choice words afterwards. "This is a travesty," said the 46-year-old local custom clothiere, Leonard Gresham. He entered in a head-to-toe, country-clubby ensemble by Ralph Lauren. "To me, this was all about hip-hop and youth; not the best representation of Atlanta and the men who make the extra effort to dress well."
    Of course, this is just sad. A grown man, railing that youth and hiphop are ruining the sartorial world. Storming the judges table indeed.
    Yeah. Being a sore loser with all the vitality of a corpse is stylish as hell.

14. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Senior member

Damn - you guys don't like this? - this is the way I dress for work everyday... Panzer

15. ernest

ernest Senior member

Are you black ?