1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ESPADRILLES

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tgod93, Mar 31, 2012.

1. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

well thats just the thing... i dont wanna buy it on ebay cuz im afraid it will be made of used toilet paper >_>

2. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

i really like soludos style and it looks pretty well made. its too bad the mens designs are so BLEH.... where as the womens line has much better looking espadrilles.

3. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

does anyone else know any good espadrilles brands? with good designs?

also does anyone have experience with mens soludos sizing? i usually wear 9.5 sometimes 10. should i get size 10 or size 9?

http://www.soludos.com/shop/shoes/siesta-red-chambray-chambray-red

their size guide says to get your usual size... even though they will stretch out?!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  4. NotoriousMarquis

NotoriousMarquis Senior member

My shoe size is definitely 9-9.5, and since my feet stopped growing I always go 42 for espadrilles, with I believe is 8.5. Go down half a size?

5. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've been very happy with Ropey Soles. IIRC they end up being about $30 a pair with shipping to the US, which is annoyingly high, but they have nice designs, are unbranded, and have held up quite well.

6. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

thats the problem with me. i usually wear 9.5 or 10. But soludos doesnt have 9.5. so i felt it would be better to just go size 10/43 rather than it be too small at 42/9.

8.5=41
    at least thats what soludos says it is.

i got this pair.

expensive shipping [​IMG] but they look nice. now if only they didnt have the brand tag... maybe i can unstitch it off

7. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

Just for reference, I just got my first pair of soludos today.

As a warning for anybody interested in them, I recommend sizing down!!! I usually wear size 10 but if they are even a bit loose, your feet will keep slipping out when you walk. Aside from that they are pretty good.

They also rape you in shipping costs. Original price was $36 and ground shipping was $10. I ended up having to return and exchange for a smaller size and since they DONT offer free returns, it cost me ~$9 at fedex ground shipping. So yea.. get your size correct the first time!

Soludos needs to be like Bonobos and their costumer service.

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

Man at this rate I could probably get a bunch of pairs proxied from Spain if there's enough interested. Probably would be ~15-20 shipped

9. NotoriousMarquis

YES PLEASE. I'm in.

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

I'll check with Spanish friends and see if they can snap a few photos so you guys can decide what color / styles you want. Should have all the standard colors, plus some classic designs like florals

11. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

if u could do that fast that would GREAT! I shipped my return today and it wont go out till tomorrow. then it will take a few more days to return to them. so if you could get some pics up over the weekend or something that would be shweeeeeeeeet

1 person likes this.
  12. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

i really dont get this trend....

last 2 summers it was boat shoes... now these.

13. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

i dont know about everybody else but i dont wear anything because of trends. granted im not going to wear something from the 70s (even tho im 20) but whatever i like im going to wear it... and espadrilles are very comfortable and id much rather wear them than flip flops

14. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

espadrilles have been around forever. they're timeless.

1 person likes this.
  15. NotoriousMarquis

the place i used to get them when i was in paris had three colours i liked; navy blue, white/cream, and blue and white stripes. mostly what im interested in, but if you know sources that would be amazing.

16. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

Anyone still wondering about Soludos... I just have to say again.

If you order from soludos, MAKE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT SIZE!!!!

They are unbelievably slow at processing an exchange...especially to me because I'm 1 state away from where their warehouse is.

No free return+slow processing = annoyed costumer.