• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ES Hutch - fit.

mattjames

Reaction score
My waist measures 35 inches and I favour a fairly slim fit. Can someone familiar with the sizing of these Jeans advise me on what size to buy?

I remember ordering a pair online ages ago, in 36, and they were far to big in the waist, and felt baggy overall so I was kinda put off them. But looking again at the way they fit the yoox model, I'd really like a pair that would fit me in that way. Should I size down?

thanks.

mattjames

Reaction score
In fact, look at this. These are both the ES Hutch model in Formula 21 wash, as seen at Revolve and Yoox. They look like different jeans. I love the fit and colour of the Yoox version, but not the Revolve version. Buying online is a damned nightmare. Which one is more accurate?

All I want is some nice jeans that fit snug ********** and thighs with a slight boot opening below the knee, and with a ritch, vibrant blue wash.

mattjames

Reaction score
BTW I bought my hutches which I returned from Yoox, not knowing at the time that they were the Hutch model, but finding that out when I looked at the inner printing. Does their photo even show the Hutch model?

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Yeah, those ES in the picture the Hutch. I just brought a pair that looks like the second one. I have a few different pairs of boot cuts in various jeans, I can say that honestly the tighter the fit of jeans, the better they look. In the baggy fit, it doesn't look as good.

Babar

Reaction score
Hmm.. Though I much prefer how they look at Revolve (now that's a first!) I think you'd get the yoox-look by going one size down. It's a pretty slim cut, but my 33 ES Hutch are *much* more baggy than my 32 Bootcut Olas for instance. If I'd gotten a 32 or 31, they'd probably look like those in the yoox pics.

boo

Reaction score
You'd definitely want to size down from your true waist in ES. I'd probably recommend a 33. I'm not positive because my waist size hasn't been stable as of late (been shrinking, fortunately), but I recall trying on 34s while my waist was 35 and had a fit similar to that in the Revolve pic.

seen

Reaction score
Because ES isnt really true to size, they're one size larger than the label.

mattjames

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
That's a nice wash on the yoox hutches, though.
They are both supposed to be the same wash. The difference in the colour between them is quite striking, IMO. The Revolve Hutch looks like a million other jeans in colour, completely uninspiring, but the Yoox has the kind of blue that I'm finding to be far too rare.

mattjames

Reaction score
Originally Posted by weirdnjfan1
Yeah, those ES in the picture the Hutch. I just brought a pair that looks like the second one. I have a few different pairs of boot cuts in various jeans, I can say that honestly the tighter the fit of jeans, the better they look. In the baggy fit, it doesn't look as good.

Would you say your Hutch's match the colour of those in the Yoox photography?

Thanks guys.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mhmm mine do, Revolve is notorious for bad pictures and even worse models. Also, a smart person would go to www.earnestsewn.com.
smile.gif

mattjames

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
Mhmm mine do, Revolve is notorious for bad pictures and even worse models. Also, a smart person would go to www.earnestsewn.com.
smile.gif

Why? They're considerably more expensive there.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattjames
Why? They're considerably more expensive there.
Think bubbly was referring to another source for images, but if that's the same wash then I'm Herbert Hoover. Man that's a difference.

mattjames

Reaction score
The F 21 wash looks the same colour, but it has excessive distressing. I've noticed some on ebay of the same kind. The ones I got from Yoox were nothing like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads