1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Erwin Pearl Quality

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Dec 19, 2004.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

I was in Erwin Pearl today, on Worth Ave and I perused several sterling silver cufflinks with single and multiple mother of pearl inlays. Decent prices from $115 for a simple single-piece MOP cufflink to $195 for an 8-piece MOP cufflink (the multi-piece was rather large). Then I wondered down to Cartier and saw their new collection of cufflinks. One in particular was quite nice, sterling silver with a screw type MOP inlaid bar, for $475.

The Cartier seemed to be of slightly better quality than that of the Erwin Pearl. Although I am not sure if more than twice the price really justifies the cost.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated (now I wish I had not paid so much attention to watches and learned something about jewelry...)

Jon.

2. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

From recent (and current) price comparisons you'll find new sterling links starting just below $100 and going up (Brooks Brothers, Tiffany, etc.). I'd say with the MOP inlay you did pretty well retail. You could get better value for your money going vintage on ebay, although the selection is down at the moment. I did run across these Thomas Pinks (at least listed as such). I have no financial interest and don't know the seller, but there it is.