1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ernest, good job

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by esquire., Nov 10, 2004.

1. ernest

ernest Senior member

(ernest @ 10 Nov. 2004, 12:36) How could I be vice president of a Wall Street company when I live in Paris and speak english like I do. It was a quotation and I was begging for a job.
    Don't get a job ernest. We enjoy reading about your adventures as a gentleman of leisure. What kind of Porsche do you have?
    May be the forum could make a collection for me and then I could not work at all. An old one.

2. esquire.

esquire. Senior member

Ernest,

It was really late, and I was obviously tired when I read the statement that "I am now an a vice president at one of Wall Street's largest investment houses." Next time, to avoid any potential confusion, you should cleary state that it was a quotation from an earlier post. This is how you should have done it:

Dear New York Buck,

My talents and experience should be of interest to a firm like yours, one of Wall Street's largest investment houses. After graduating with a PhD in finance, I have worked at several financial offices for over two and a half years where I have acquired skills in all phases of finance including x,y, z.

If there is an opening at the branch office in France, I am extremely confident that I can contribute to its growth and profits. I would appreciate the oppurtunity to show you how I can help your firm meet its targets and goals.

Sincerely,
    Ernest

Of course, I could again be misinterpreting some of your statements you made in a different thread. I didn't understand what you were trying to say when you stated that you spent "4 years of studying economics and one more year studying finance and monetary (just before PhD)."

3. christian

christian Senior member

ernie,

How can you afford to spend so much on clothing if you don't have a job? Even if you were awarded generous bonuses working in finance, it will eventually run out at some point.

4. ernest

ernest Senior member

Degree in economics

and afterwards one more year (pre PhD year)

5. ernest

ernest Senior member

I can change lead into gold...