1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ernest Alexander messenger bags

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by StephenHero, Jun 28, 2009.

1. shasta

shasta Senior member

EA has several really nice looking belts - almost kopped the blackwatch plaid one.

2. Hehlol

Hehlol Senior member

I got one of these in November of last year. I can't say enough good about it. Absolutely fantastic quality, wonderful design and service unlike anything you'll find anywhere else.

Here's the thing - imagine that you had the time, money and desire to build your own clothing line/accessory line. Doesn't that sound wonderful? Yeah, wouldn't you want people to support you? This man seriously thought about his design, his construction and his wants in a bag. That's the beauty of it - he took his time to design what he wanted and found a construction facility to achieve his goal. The best way I can put it is the urban aesthetic of Jack Spade with all the construction and quality of Filson. It's kind of a "City Filson".

Like a previous poster, have met the dude who runs the company and he's just top-notch.

I don't know of any bag that is so well constructed and designed. The beauty of this whole package is that, to be honest, it's timeless. It's a classic design with absolutely superb craftsmanship.

If you're on the fence about getting one of his products, just do it, you'll love it. The products are great, they come from NYC and the quality of everything is absolutely incredible. I don't work for EA, but I will sing praise for this company as long as is necessary.

3. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

Hello all,

After months of lurking I've decided to post. I thought I'd make this my first. I'd like to first thank the forum for helping me find these bags. I think they really are good looking and well made, as many have observed. I do not think they are too expensive considering the level of quality.

My story is that I liked the general look of the messenger bags, but I was put off by some of the specifics of the design. So I emailed them and asked if any of these could be changed. Somewhat to my surprise, they agreed to make a bag with the modifications I suggested. So I ordered a fulton olive waxwear bag, with these changes: 1) they replaced the brass hardware with nickel 2) they removed the pockets from the sides of the bag, and 3) the removed the handle from the top of the bag. I think it was a bit of trouble for them to do this, but they did not increase the price. My impression is that they were somewhat interested in the idea and wanted to see how it all came out. I don't know if they would be willing to do something similar again.

Anyhow, I received the bag recently and I really like it. Pictures from the workshop are below. It is a large bag as it is, so I think it is better not to have the side pockets. I prefer the nickel hardware because it fits better with everything else I wear. And I definitely like it better without the handle. My feeling is that a bag should be either a briefcase or a messenger, but not try to be both. Other posters have observed that the color of this bag differs somewhat from what you see on the website. Ernest tells me that this is the result of natural variation in the manufacture of the waxed canvas. My bag is greener than the one shown on the web, but I like it. I love the waxed canvas. I think it will age nicely.

It was also my experience that Ernest and colleagues were very helpful and great to interact with. I can definitely recommend this business.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ma1

ma1 Senior member

That's damn good service to make a custom bag without a price increase!

5. steviecakes

steviecakes Senior member

Simplicio, that is everything that I wanted the Vlodis to be. I think I have to shoot Ernest Alexander an email soon....

6. aschrock

aschrock Well-Known Member

That's damn good service to make a custom bag without a price increase!

Well, the price was just increased for all bags not too long ago, so.... [​IMG]

7. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

I am ready to pull the trigger on a bag. Before I do, does anyone have a coupon they can give me?

Thanks!

8. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Finally ordered one of these shits. Most I have spent on a fashion related item. Interetz please tell me I did not get fucked, k?

Ps - Drunk as fuck plus pay pal & Internet is not a good combo, is it?!

9. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

10. tyborne

tyborne Member

Is that the Grey Voldis? That's what I'm looking for but I can't find it on the site. That's a great deal. Help......Link perhaps?

11. aketo

aketo Well-Known Member

Think it's sold out now as it was under the "Bags" section earlier today. That's a great price - bought mine a few months ago and love it.

12. tyborne

tyborne Member

Crap.....that always happens. I'll have to keep an eye on the site.

13. meso

meso Senior member

Missed it. But it appears you can't stack the coupons? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

Looks like Club Monaco is carrying a "limited edition" Voidis. I'm not sure what the difference is, but it's only $298CAD in Toronto. It's awfully tempting...

15. tyborne

tyborne Member

Really?!?!?!?!?! That may do the trick. thx

16. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

[​IMG] No willpower what so ever. It appears to be NYC, Toronto, and Vancouver Club Monaco stores only.

17. meso

meso Senior member

It's back in stock but robsanta went invalid. Bollock-os.

18. tyborne

tyborne Member

Not only does RobSanta not work the bag is now $345 just like it is everywhere else. Bullocks indeed.

19. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

It's "bollocks" ;-P

^^^ Weak willpower led to a very nice looking bag! It's dog's bollocks!! Congrats.

20. hamtb

hamtb New Member

First time poster, I stumbled across this thread while doing research for a new messenger bag, and I have a question for the EA bag owners. I like the Hudson, but being a grad student living who's living off of loans, I don't really have the funds to justify buying such a bag. However, I may turn a blind eye to the price if any of the EA bag owners can attest to their quality. If I buy the bag, I'd like it to last me 5-10 yrs. Is this realistic? I'd use the bag to transport my laptop & books to and from class so the bag would be supporting up to 15 lbs. Thanks.