• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ermenegildo Zegna suit

Form7

Reaction score
I just bought a Ermenegildo Zegna suit from Nordstrom rack, it listed the retail price for $3,495 and I got it for $900 CAD including tax. Wondering if its worth it? I hear Zegna being tossed around the forums a lot so when I saw the suit I loved it (color/pattern.)

It fits me well, perfect even. I'm about a 40, last time I went to suit supply with the Lazio fit. I still have to get the buttons and suit fixed up. Would any old tailor do? Or must I go to the Zegna store?

Images attached. What does the 7 - 48 C mean? I know 48 is EU for a US 38, but what's the 7 and C?

Attachments

• IMG_20200718_184915.jpg
    IMG_20200718_184915.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_20200718_184945.jpg
    IMG_20200718_184945.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_20200718_194328.jpg
    IMG_20200718_194328.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_20200718_195231.jpg
    IMG_20200718_195231.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_20200718_194259.jpg
    IMG_20200718_194259.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's Zegna, and not Z-Zegna, then imo it's a good deal.
You definitely don't need to go to the Zegna store. But don't take it to "any old tailor", take it to a good tailor. Get recommendations, or reviews online of tailors near you...

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Images attached. What does the 7 - 48 C mean? I know 48 is EU for a US 38, but what's the 7 and C?

The “C” means it’s a short (Corto) and the 7 means it’s a 7 inch drop. So basically a 38 inch chest and 31 at the waist.

As for the alterations, just use Nordstrom Rack as long as the alterations are basic (cuffs and sleeves).

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And congrats...
Takes me back to the time I found a Zegna jacket I loved the color of at Off 5th. Tag was I think $1,700ish, and I got it for $350.
I put it on, and it was glove like. I buttoned it, called the tailor over and said "please check me on this" and did some slow turns.
He said "I wouldn't touch a thing"

Form7

Reaction score
If it's Zegna, and not Z-Zegna, then imo it's a good deal.

I remember reading about a certain line that was subpar. I was worried when I saw the inner pocket saying "trofeo summer" and made in Spain thinking just that. I don't think it's Z-Zegna though as I don't see it anywhere on the suit. I believe this their fashion forward line?

The “C” means it’s a short (Corto) and the 7 means it’s a 7 inch drop. So basically a 38 inch chest and 31 at the waist.

As for the alterations, just use Nordstrom Rack as long as the alterations are basic (cuffs and sleeves).

I need to get the leg hemmed as well and the waist fitted ( the back waist seem is split.)

Thanks for the input everyone, I'm honestly ecstatic about this suit, from the fabric to the color/pattern, it's like love at first sight.

compuccesory

Reaction score
It's a weird cloth (wool/linen) in a weird size (were you a short in Suitsupply too? I know SS is kind of short all around but EZ isn't particularly long either). Price is probably slightly on the high side, not great, even taking into account USD/CAD, but if you like it you like it.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disregard the above post. If it fits you well (make sure not too short in the body) that’s a good deal. Looks like mainline Zegna. Wool/silk/linen is hardly ‘weird’ or unusual; it is often used in warm-weather fabrics. Color and weave look great for a summer suit.

Last edited:

Form7

Reaction score
Disregard the above post. If it fits you well (make sure not too short in the body) that’s a good deal. Looks like mainline Zegna. Wool/silk/linen is hardly ‘weird’ or unusual; it is often used in warm-weather fabrics. Color and weave look great for a summer suit.

I think it does fit me well, as I read in the other thread, if it covers your butt then you're golden. I've attached 2 pictures one with my arms down and raised at medium length in front of me.

Attachments

• IMG_20200720_000302.jpg
    IMG_20200720_000302.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 1,692
  • IMG_20200720_000329.jpg
    IMG_20200720_000329.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 1,644

Krown

Reaction score
I think that´s a great deal for a Zegna

Jan Capek

Reaction score
If it fits as you say, then it's a steal. Other than that, you can have a lot of Ermenegildo at that price in Woodbury Outlet in NY.

rwtc

Reaction score
The deal is okay for mainline Zegna in terms of buying at a retail store. It's made in the Spanish factory, which surprisingly something I haven't seen before. Usually mainline Zegna is made elsewhere in Europe.

Wool / Silk / Linen mix fabrics are all the rage this season. A lot of houses selling summer jackets in this fabric, for example Kiton & Zegna. Nothing wrong with it.

For the buttons, you can either get 1 of the 3 options:
1) Non functioning buttonholes
2) Machine made functioning buttonholes (surgeon's cuffs)
3) Hand made functioning buttonholes (surgeon's cuffs)

If you want to opt for option 3 and if you're in Toronto, you can PM me and I can tell you the best tailor for the job in the city.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mainline Zegna is made in Spain and Switzerland. I've seen items made in Italy as well. I don't think there's a qualitative difference, nor quantitative vis a vie pricing, between the two.

spookie

Reaction score
The deal is okay for mainline Zegna in terms of buying at a retail store. It's made in the Spanish factory, which surprisingly something I haven't seen before. Usually mainline Zegna is made elsewhere in Europe.

Wool / Silk / Linen mix fabrics are all the rage this season. A lot of houses selling summer jackets in this fabric, for example Kiton & Zegna. Nothing wrong with it.

For the buttons, you can either get 1 of the 3 options:
1) Non functioning buttonholes
2) Machine made functioning buttonholes (surgeon's cuffs)
3) Hand made functioning buttonholes (surgeon's cuffs)

If you want to opt for option 3 and if you're in Toronto, you can PM me and I can tell you the best tailor for the job in the city.
Hi there. I'm in search of a food tailor to shorten sleeves and do functioning buttons on an EZ suit. Could you provide advice on a good tailor? I'm in Hamilton but will drive to go the the right tailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads