• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ermenegildo Zegna Suit - Made in Switzerland

pgmetcalf

Reaction score
It could be a Zegna cloth and not a garment made by Zegna. Don't forget that Zegna's claim to fame if the quality of their cloth and provide it for all the top designers.

atlrus

Reaction score
Also, the chances are that the Made in Switzerland items are actually made by Italians :)

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It could be a Zegna cloth and not a garment made by Zegna. Don't forget that Zegna's claim to fame if the quality of their cloth and provide it for all the top designers.

Hes talking about a product actual from a Zegna line though. Besides providing the fabric for many brands they also make for many brands, YSL, Gucci, Tom Ford, Dunhill (not sure abt this one), and i mean these are made in Zegna factories not just made with zegna fabric

nvf61286

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like I made a great buy and have zero to worry about. I managed to pick up an amazing light grey Canali suit as well for $700 at Bloomindales with a bunch of added descounts - was originally priced around $1900. Hopefully I can find similar deals on mainline Zegna's as I build my wardrobe.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for all the responses.  Sounds like I made a great buy and have zero to worry about.  I managed to pick up an amazing light grey Canali suit as well for $700 at Bloomindales with a bunch of added descounts - was originally priced around $1900.  Hopefully I can find similar deals on mainline Zegna's as I build my wardrobe.

You can. Just need to be patient.

jyook

Reaction score
I have two Zegna Milano suits... I love them...

benny

Reaction score
My Zegna suits have been immaculate. I always go back to it somehow.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pics aren't loading
nod[1].gif
jpcdmd I guess they are now..Sorry I could not get a full body pic.. when you are 6"9, you cant really get a full body pic unless you have someone else take a pic for you.

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My Milano is made in Spain and my new Torino is made in Switzerland...or were made in these countries. By the, I thought Milano was supposed to be slim but it feels a bit baggy for 6' 165lb. I purchsed 38Rs. The Torino is definitely slim and fits superbly.

capoeirajournal

Reaction score
If you stop by Asia (Hong Kong or Taiwan) there are some tailors that have authentic Zegna cloth that can make a full bespoke suit for what you'd get for retail.

jasonsun

Reaction score
I saw a zegna trofeo suit at Nieman Marcus yesterday, interestingly enough the suit jacket was made in Italy but the pants was made in spain, first i thought the pants was misplaced, but when i went over all the style number and fabric #, it matched......ANYONE care to explain?

It was on sale for $650, so i bought it and shall the opinion here suggest otherwise i guess i'll be returning them.

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My Milano is made in Spain and my new Torino is made in Switzerland...or were made in these countries. By the, I thought Milano was supposed to be slim but it feels a bit baggy for 6' 165lb. I purchsed 38Rs. The Torino is definitely slim and fits superbly.
What the heck? Just picked up another Milano (Trofeo) and this one is made in Italy. So now I have 3 Milanos made in Spain (reg fabric), Switz (Trofeo), and Italy (Trofeo). What's going on here???

CutandSew

Reaction score
What's going on is that Zegna owns many different factories in different countries and you have to remember that things are produced in almost like an assembly line fashion. There isn't one person who works on one garment the whole way through.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads