• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really glad you like it :)

You can just see your strap in the top right as it was being made

View attachment 1505708

We're having a lot of fun with the leather, here's a cool wallet made with the same Russian Reindeer and a contrasting English goatskin panel

View attachment 1505711

Fingers crossed we have a little left over once we've finished the current batch and we can release a little more for more cool things...

Charlie
Hi Charlie, I will be interested to have the same watch strap with that leather. Do you have a list or can you already work on it for me?. Thanks for your answer.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Charlie, I will be interested to have the same watch strap with that leather. Do you have a list or can you already work on it for me?. Thanks for your answer.

we’re working through the batch of items we sold a little while ago and building a list of interest because I think we’ll have a little leather still available. Drop me an email if your interested

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charlie, how much does a watch strap run in this historic leather?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Charlie. A few questions:
  • Is your standard tail length (that is, the distance from the far edge of the last hole to the point) 4"? Images on the site lead me to believe that this is longer.
  • The standard running keeper is sewn in near the buckle, yes? That is, it's on a leash, as it were.
  • Given Brexit, are you still removing VAT for orders?
Thanks!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Charlie. A few questions:

Hi!

• Is your standard tail length (that is, the distance from the far edge of the last hole to the point) 4"? Images on the site lead me to believe that this is longer.
We measure from the centre of the holes, but yes, the standard length is 4" from first hole to the tip, only varying with some of the more unusual hole specs like 3 and 5 holes at 3/4" where we make it a bit longer to compensate for the lack of holes. Theres a table on this page that discusses tail length

https://www.equusleather.co.uk/inside-our-workshops/leather-care/belt-sizing-guide.html

The belts are all made to order so we can accommodate any spacing you'd like though, just let us know

• The standard running keeper is sewn in near the buckle, yes? That is, it's on a leash, as it were.
No. The standard fixed keeper, the keeper more or less all the belts come with, is sewn in but not on a leash (good description!). The Lined and Raised belts come with the option of a running keeper on a leash (the Captive Running Keeper System we call it), the regular single layer Bridle belts dont have the leash with a running keeper, its free running

• Given Brexit, are you still removing VAT for orders?
Yes, more so than ever. We only charge VAT for UK orders now, no VAT to anywhere else in the world. Until the site knows who and where you are it'll display prices with VAT, but it'll be deducted in the checkout or when you log in

Hope that helps!

Charlie

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi!

We measure from the centre of the holes, but yes, the standard length is 4" from first hole to the tip, only varying with some of the more unusual hole specs like 3 and 5 holes at 3/4" where we make it a bit longer to compensate for the lack of holes. Theres a table on this page that discusses tail length

https://www.equusleather.co.uk/inside-our-workshops/leather-care/belt-sizing-guide.html

The belts are all made to order so we can accommodate any spacing you'd like though, just let us know

No. The standard fixed keeper, the keeper more or less all the belts come with, is sewn in but not on a leash (good description!). The Lined and Raised belts come with the option of a running keeper on a leash (the Captive Running Keeper System we call it), the regular single layer Bridle belts dont have the leash with a running keeper, its free running

Yes, more so than ever. We only charge VAT for UK orders now, no VAT to anywhere else in the world. Until the site knows who and where you are it'll display prices with VAT, but it'll be deducted in the checkout or when you log in

Hope that helps!

Charlie

So the standard bridle belt (or the Laced Bridle, which is what I’m looking at) features a fixed keeper, which can be leather or alloy. Is that correct?

3318444D-DE9D-45D9-8C08-FE79BE8E864C.jpeg

Last edited:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time no post, life's been crazy, as I'm sure it has been for everyone.

Got a new black aluminum Apple Watch and debating what kind of Equus strap to get. Interested in what decisions others have made in the same situation. What say you?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, Charlie:
Are you able to do a rolled dog collar with Baker's leather? The website makes it clear that the Heritage line is Bakers and the others are Sedgwick, so maybe I am asking if you can do a "Heritage" rolled collar.

Yup, we can do that. We've made a few, as ever with the Bakers leather the outcome is lovely

We're actually looking to stock some more of their colours at the moment, we dont have enough of their leathers really

Charlie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads