• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Mac0211

Reaction score
Hi there, my wait time is around the 12 week mark, is there an estimation of overall wait time right now?

msimon

Reaction score
Just sent my order in finally after a long decision making process and advice from here. I understand the wait time is long but is surely worth it.

Bakers Bridle in black 1 1/4 with stainless West end buckle.

SuperSlacker

Reaction score
Hi there, my wait time is around the 12 week mark, is there an estimation of overall wait time right now?
I'm currently on week 18 with my order which I made as a "trial experience". Although waiting is fine, more worrying is that there's been no response to my emails to customer service.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a few orders in with them and have had easy communication via email. I think they posted in this thread the reality that it's a small operation and they lost one of their key employees during COVID. This corresponded with an uptick in orders. My sense is there is much more in the queue than usual and things are taking a lot longer than anyone wanted, hoped for, or expected. Hopefully it will sort itself out in time. (This is a true family operation so it's not surprising folks aren't getting prompt email replies over the holidays.)

veloaudio

Reaction score
^this. Also depends on what you order. I ordered my briefcase in Jan 2022. I’ve been told Feb/Mar 2023 but I knew the wait would be long. Will be worth it though

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@veloaudio What briefcase did you order? I ordered an attaché case around the same time and can't wait.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can say that Charlie @Equus Leather and Dawn are terrific, but high level leat6her workers are hard to find. I don't have an order in right now, but but have many of their belts, all excellent.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, sir. @veloaudio Can't wait. I'll probably only use it a few times a year, but I very much looking forward to those times.

TheDonofLan

Reaction score
I placed my order for a belt at the beginning of September and got it today. The belt is very nice and high quality, and I am pleased with how it turned out. It wasn't advertised to take this long when I ordered it, but I can understand the staffing issues slowing things down. I did have to send an e-mail three or four times in order to get an update from them. Overall, great belt which I am happy with. Go in planning for it to take a while and you'll be satisfied.

garigo

Reaction score
Does anyone here have pictures of the London Dee belt, in addition to what's available on the website? Is there a noticeable difference in shape among the different buckle sizes?

shipbroker

Reaction score
Ordered a belt last October and still have not received. Have sent multiple emails, DM’d on Instagram, left a message on an IG post where other buyers have complaint about the same issue - radio silence. When I log in on their site still shows my order is in the order book. Their Twitter page is now non existent. All of this is worrying and just doesn’t look any good…

jmewhpg

Reaction score
Ordered a belt last October and still have not received. Have sent multiple emails, DM’d on Instagram, left a message on an IG post where other buyers have complaint about the same issue - radio silence. When I log in on their site still shows my order is in the order book. Their Twitter page is now non existent. All of this is worrying and just doesn’t look any good…

It's such a shame how they communicate lead times. Everyone understands they are busy, but they are best being honest about the time it will take from the beginning. I have ordered several products from various classes of product and the same thing has happened each time. Update the wait times on the website, so they are correct to manage expectations!

shipbroker

Reaction score
It's such a shame how they communicate lead times. Everyone understands they are busy, but they are best being honest about the time it will take from the beginning. I have ordered several products from various classes of product and the same thing has happened each time. Update the wait times on the website, so they are correct to manage expectations!

so what are the lead times now? I’m at 16 weeks as of this moment…

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads