• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
LOL i think the strap will outlive the apple watch

100% definitley! Apple are good about keeping things compatible though, the lugs havent changed through the whole Apple Watch product lifecycle so far, so you can keep moving straps and lugs to new watches

TJS

Reaction score
Charlie - do you think a Damask buckle would work well with a Bakers Oak Brown belt, both practically and aesthetically? Or better off sticking with Sedgwick?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Charlie - do you think a Damask buckle would work well with a Bakers Oak Brown belt, both practically and aesthetically? Or better off sticking with Sedgwick?

I think that would be a really good combination, as would the Bakers London Tan. The buckle is a really good proportion and character with those leathers, I’d say go for it

Charlie

TJS

Reaction score
Thanks Charlie. I may well go for the London Tan actually. I'll send an email once I've decided.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Charlie. I may well go for the London Tan actually. I'll send an email once I've decided.

Cool. FWIW I think the contrast of the BLT against the buckle will be great and is probably better of the two

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

For those who dont know the Damascus buckles we're talking about, heres a couple pf photos for the avoidance of confusion! We have them made for us by a master knife maker in Japan, very small batches about once a year, really really special things. Theres maybe 100 of them in total in existence in the world at the moment. They're on the website with Sedgwick Bridle leather, but custom orders with any of our leathers are fine, and we have swapped the buckles on to new straps fairly regularly, so an initial choice doesnt have to be a choice for the life of the buckle.

Our Damascus Belts

damascus-2 2.JPG
Damascus2744_1500px 1.JPG

Damascus2742_1500px.JPG

Damascus2744_1500px.JPG

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who dont know the Damascus buckles we're talking about, heres a couple pf photos for the avoidance of confusion! We have them made for us by a master knife maker in Japan, very small batches about once a year, really really special things. Theres maybe 100 of them in total in existence in the world at the moment. They're on the website with Sedgwick Bridle leather, but custom orders with any of our leathers are fine, and we have swapped the buckles on to new straps fairly regularly, so an initial choice doesnt have to be a choice for the life of the buckle.

Our Damascus Belts

View attachment 1181162 View attachment 1181160

View attachment 1181159

View attachment 1181161
Hi Charlie,

I'm on the cusp of ordering mine for my upcoming anniversary. Quick questions:
1) I wanted to do gold embossing on black leather, and was wondering where the embossing would be, and whether you feel that this color would work. I'm a bit tired of silver embossing, tbh. I like the warmth of gold right now.
2) I couldn't figure out where to put our little coupon code
3) Will normal mail get it here before the end of June (I obviously need it before our actual anniversary!

Love, love, love this buckle and it's been too long since I've ordered one of your great belts from you.

Cheers,

Fok.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Charlie,

I'm on the cusp of ordering mine for my upcoming anniversary. Quick questions:
1) I wanted to do gold embossing on black leather, and was wondering where the embossing would be, and whether you feel that this color would work. I'm a bit tired of silver embossing, tbh. I like the warmth of gold right now.
2) I couldn't figure out where to put our little coupon code
3) Will normal mail get it here before the end of June (I obviously need it before our actual anniversary!

Love, love, love this buckle and it's been too long since I've ordered one of your great belts from you.

Cheers,

Fok.

Hi Fok,

Replying after the order, but might help anyway!

1) It can be anywhere you want really. By default we place it on the back of the belt. The logo is a couple of inches down from the buckle on the back, any embossing is normally an inch or so down from that. 100% customisable on either the front or the back though as you prefer. Gold is good with black, in particular on a belt that has a neither a silver or gold buckle

2) Theres a box at the top of the shopping cart - obviously not obvious enough though!

3) Not a problem to expedite for an Anniversary, it'll be there

Thanks again!

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I posted some photos of our "original" Damascus buckles a post or too above. Heres a shot from this morning of our Damascus Montpellier Belt Kit on the very subtle Dark Blue Grained Calf, from our favourite French tannery. Very different look but both buckles are from the same workshops in Japan. I love the weather beaten wood grain of the buckle and the geometry of the corners.

CalfL&R2875_square1500px.jpg

and heres the Montpellier buckle by itself. Its for one of our belt kits, so it interchanges straps which are available in calf, Alligator, bridle, and most other leathers. We make them in Grained and Baranil calf most often

montp_angle_1500px 1.jpg

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

A quick shot of one of our oldest design thats one of our most time consuming belts, basically a full days work including all the hand-stitching. This is our Bridle Leather Lined and Raised belt. 6mm in the centre, 4.5mm edges and one of our traditional buckles, a really chunky robust belt that goes great with jeans and boots. The Outer, Lining (also bridle leather) and thread colours can all be selected independently to make something really unique. I dont take enough photos of them really, they're the pinnacle of our Bridle range. Quite a few worn by forum members!

Bridle Leather Lined and Raised in Black with Royal Blue Stitching

img_1125-2.jpg

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thought Id share a customer photo. Lovely Platinum Lange & Sohne 1815 with one of our Bakers London Tan oak bark tanned watch straps. I love that we get to make straps for watches like this

The strap in question - Bakers Oak Bark London Tan

20190308-Lange_Watch-0007.jpg

Kroaker

Reaction score
Charlie, any eta on getting more palladium Mayfairs in?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Charlie, any eta on getting more palladium Mayfairs in?

Early Autumn I suspect now, though earlier if we can get them done. They can still be done individually (select a brass buckle and then Special Palladium in the Buckle Finish box) but its more expensive because they literally get done one at a time rather than in a batch like our stocked Palladium

Sorry - always difficult keeping them in stock! There are plenty of 30 and 35mm Palladium Aspleys ready to go though

Charlie

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

A quick shot of one of our oldest design thats one of our most time consuming belts, basically a full days work including all the hand-stitching. This is our Bridle Leather Lined and Raised belt. 6mm in the centre, 4.5mm edges and one of our traditional buckles, a really chunky robust belt that goes great with jeans and boots. The Outer, Lining (also bridle leather) and thread colours can all be selected independently to make something really unique. I dont take enough photos of them really, they're the pinnacle of our Bridle range. Quite a few worn by forum members!

Bridle Leather Lined and Raised in Black with Royal Blue Stitching

View attachment 1184314

Charlie
So, my Damask belt came. Perfect, and the buckle on black leather is tremendous. Very dramatic. I have to wear it one hole larger already, (I guess that my older belts stretched a bit!) Sigh... age and cake. Maybe it's a good reason to go down to dessert only once a day. My wife has sequestered it for a month, so, no pictures either for a bit.

I'm very tempted to order one of these raised and lined belts with a Sterling silver buckle just to really make it as luxurious as possible. How sturdy are those silver buckles, Charlie?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads