• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We've had delivery of a very small batch of the 30mm Stratfields in both Brass and Palladium. The buckles are available individually or as part of a bridle leather or calf belt kit. If you have a placeholder for one we've reserves it and sent you a message, if not get one while you can, we always struggle to keep them in stock.

Hazel_Palladium_Strat_Navy_Manequin0253__PSD_1500px 1.jpg

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We've been doing some protoyping this afternoon. The leather is the Cuir de Russie we're doing a lot of work with now. 100% hand saddle stitched as ever.

Charlie
_DSC1329_1500px.jpg
_DSC1325_1500px.jpg
_DSC1319_1500px.jpg

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Equus Leather If the Russian leather is not too ruinously expensive, is it suitable for belts?

Yes, totally suitable for calf belts, we’ve made a few and it works really nicely. It’s the most expensive non exotic leather we buy so it does add a premium, it has such a lot of personality it’s worth it I think though

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Quick heads up - our Sterling Silver Mayfairs are back in stock - only 4 remaining though

View attachment 997574

Charlie

All gone - if anyone wants a placeholder to reserve one from the next batch, or for the Sterling West Ends, just let me know

One thing people have asked for repeatedly is a Sterling Silver Stratfield. The very first pre-prototype is done - we've one or two details to sort out like integrating our new pin design and then they'll be in production. In palladium or 23kt gold finish they'll be pretty special objects I think

Charlie

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All gone - if anyone wants a placeholder to reserve one from the next batch, or for the Sterling West Ends, just let me know

One thing people have asked for repeatedly is a Sterling Silver Stratfield. The very first pre-prototype is done - we've one or two details to sort out like integrating our new pin design and then they'll be in production. In palladium or 23kt gold finish they'll be pretty special objects I think

Charlie

In palladium it'll look identical to the steel one right?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In palladium it'll look identical to the steel one right?

The West End? No, actually like a white brass or sterling silver buckle. The brass buckles are a more refined shape than the stainless steel so we use them as the pattern. Hope that makes sense?

Charlie

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The West End? No, actually like a white brass or sterling silver buckle. The brass buckles are a more refined shape than the stainless steel so we use them as the pattern. Hope that makes sense?

Charlie

No I meant the Stratfield.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
No I meant the Stratfield.

Ah! Sorry!

It’ll be identical to the brass or palladium versions other than our new pin design, a slightly shallower bridge and most importantly obviously a set of hallmarks. The colour of sterling silver is very close to palladium. A tiny bit more yellow, but only if side by side

Charlie

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah! Sorry!

It’ll be identical to the brass or palladium versions other than our new pin design, a slightly shallower bridge and most importantly obviously a set of hallmarks. The colour of sterling silver is very close to palladium. A tiny bit more yellow, but only if side by side

Charlie

So going forward the brass Stratfield will use the new design as well?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So going forward the brass Stratfield will use the new design as well?

Its a work in progress, but yes, thats my plan. The brass buckles are made for us in Paris so we havent got quite the input in to the process as we have with our silver smith here in the UK so it's taking us longer to get everything unified. So far just the Montpellier and Silver Strat are 100% current

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its a work in progress, but yes, thats my plan. The brass buckles are made for us in Paris so we havent got quite the input in to the process as we have with our silver smith here in the UK so it's taking us longer to get everything unified. So far just the Montpellier and Silver Strat are 100% current

Please share the pics. This sounds like an improvement over the brass.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Please share the pics. This sounds like an improvement over the brass.

Certainly will, ASAP. Havent got a Sliver sample right now, but I'll put photos of both on as soon as I have them, next few weeks hopefully

I have a belt with this buckle. It is beautiful and highly recommended.

Thanks for the recommendation and glad you like yours :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads