Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Yup, Im sure it'll happen in due course. We're slowly developing the patterns for new designs and I'd rather like to make a long styles like the SAB Farmers wallet and also the infamous Hermes Green breast wallet some may remember from a little while ago..

Thanks for the order :) Drop me a pm with your Dads details and I'll bear it in mind. Generally if theres a bigger flaw the leather either doesnt get to the making process or if someone makes a major cock up we scrap the piece at that stage rather than finishing it - you never know I can probably be persuaded to do a deal on a regular clearance item for a good customer though :)

Charlie

2. Equus Leather

Hi Guys,

First of a the forthcoming range of new products is on the website. We've called it the Pinewood, the buckle design is inspired by old fashioned film so it seemed appropriate :) Its a 1 1/2"/37mm buckle so a nice chunky causal width

Some photos below and the belt can be found here with a introductory discount for the next week only, plus of course you can use your StyleForum coupon as ever (StyleForum10%)!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Charlie

3. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior Member

Hi Charlie - does your Pinewood belt come with a silver buckle? I'm looking to get a burgundy belt to match my shoes and chinos (this belt will work with work chinos right?), but I generally like silver buckles.

Also, the shoes are below - what colour would work best? Cheers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014

4. Equus Leather

The Pinewood is solid brass, but can come in a Palladium plated finish to give a white finish without a problem, its an option you can select on the website.

Re colours, always difficult to say based on a photo, but its going to be Dark Havanna or Burgundy I would think, it depends how much red the shoes have. Our Burgundy is a rich brown not an oxblood - very happy to send samples if it would help? The free sample service is here http://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/samples.html on the website or of course you can drop me a PM and we can do it that way

Charlie

5. Equus Leather

Hi All,

Just picked up that the Wakugi belt page on the website was missing the length/size option! Its corrected now - we're still picking up the odd bug in the new website, my apologies.

We only have 4 of the buckles left - get them while you can!

Charlie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. linds_15

linds_15 Senior Member

hi guys,

looking to buy a couple pairs of allen edmonds, one in a dark brown, a whisky, and a walnut. would an australian nut be sufficient to cover all 3? or would it be better to get the dark havana as well?

7. Equus Leather

Hi!

It depends how well you want to match really. Thats quite a broad colour range and if you want a closeish match your probably going to want several belts, maybe an Oxford Tan or Hazel as well as a Burgundy or Dark Havanna. Im very happy to send samples if it would help?

Charlie

8. linds_15

linds_15 Senior Member

that would be great! this is one of those cases of too many options leading to too many questions for me. so you're saying i should go with oxford tan/hazel for the whisky and dark havana for the dark brown with the australian nut for the walnut?

9. Equus Leather

I think Walnut is only a tiny bit darker than Whisky isnt it? If so the Aus Nut will be quite a bit darker. Take a look at the samples, they should help. You can either order them direct from the website (free + free shipping!) here or if you drop me a PM with your details we can do it that way.

In the meantime our leather colours page is (hopefully) fairly detailed and should give a good idea of the colours

Charlie

10. mistercitizen

mistercitizen Senior Member

I just got my samples from Charlie and I am definitely leaning toward the Sedgwicks Oxford Tan for the Carmina Saddle Shell Brogues I got a few weeks ago. My initial thought based on the photos on the website was the Sedgwicks Hazel, but Charlie was spot on when he mentioned that the Hazel might have just a tad of orange. The samples show this and I have to say I prefer the "less orange" Oxford Tan to bring out the darker hues of the saddle shell color in the shoes. The London Tans and the Bakers Oak Brown were not even close...... although I do really like the Bakers Oak Brown in general.

The other belt I would like to get would be a casual belt to match my Alden PTB's in Color 8 Shell Cordovan. Possibly an 1-1/2" width, since I already have 1-1/4" and a 1-3/8" widths in burgundy. I've narrowed it down to either Sedgwick Burgundy or Bakers Australian Nut I think. I'm possibly leaning toward the Bakers Australian Nut, even though common sense would say Sedgwick Burgundy. The Bakers Australian Nut is darker and nearly a brown, but with just a touch of red. Alden Color 8 in my opinion is fairly dark and shiney for a burgundy, almost a dark brown or black, but you definitely get the purple hues in the folds..... so it's unmistakingly burgundy. The other color that is very close as well is the Bakers Dark Stain, but it does not appear to have any purple or red in it...... it's unmistakingly a dark brown. I don't think I could go wrong with either the Sedgwicks Burgundy or the Bakers Aussie Nut really.

Thanks for the samples (again) Charlie!

Ben

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014

11. Equus Leather

Hi Ben

Pleased to help! That's a good summation of the colors, thank you. I think I'd go for the Burgundy as the best match for the shell, very much personal preference though!

Charlie

12. JezeC

JezeC Distinguished Member

Looks like this is the place to be for a new leather belt.

So I'm looking for a dark brown/brown dress belt. Any recommendations (buckles , width and finish)?

Any codes as well?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014

13. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior Member

Got my first bridle leather belts yesterday, a black quick release and a London Tan West End. The quick release works pretty well, easy to undo when I want it to and no wardrobe malfunctions yet. I got mine in pewter, which was not offered on the site, but after a few emails I got in a special order. It came much faster than the wait time I was quoted (which seemed reasonable for a one-off), so color me impressed. These definitely have a waxier feel to them than most leather, and seem like good quality. I think I've found my go-to source for dress belts. Now to figure out how to do a non-uniform darkening on the London Tan belt so it will match the AE bourbon color...

14. linds_15

linds_15 Senior Member

just ordered the sample pack! excited to bring them to the store to order some allen edmonds then order these right after

15. Equus Leather

Id say 1 1/4" or maybe 1 1/8" width, with 1 1/4" being the most versatile. The West End is the most popular style full stop but also a really good formal style. Polished finish again is the most popular and I think ages best. Dark Brown is going to be Australian Nut/Burgundy/Dark Havanna Id have thought - our colours page is here http://www.equusleather.co.uk/our-leathers/leather-colours/

Theres a permanent Style Forum coupon (styleforum10%), we do sometimes run bigger discounts and its worth watching our Facebeook page - theres nothing better then the SF coupon at the moment though

Hope that helps!

Charlie