1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Once you pass the basics, so... about 5 belts or so in, you start to look for things that are genuinely interesting. I mean, quality, sure, but at the end of the day, a navy blue worsted suit is a navy blue worsted suit. I am always on the lookout for interesting buckles and interesting treated leathers.

2. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Glad you like it :) It is a rather lovely thing for exactly those reasons, and quite a different than our other buckles. Hard to photograph, but this illustrates quite well

[​IMG]

Charlie

1 person likes this.
  3. jrb666

jrb666 Senior member

As a matter of interest, which of Equus' colours would be closest to Gaziano & Girling's vintage rioja?

4. Equus Leather

Happy Christmas everyone!

I'd say our Burgundy. it isn't as red as the Roja but is probably a good match for the burnished toe caps I imagine you have. Very happy to send samples if it helps to see first hand though!

Charlie

5. jrb666

jrb666 Senior member

Thank you for the offer, which is much appreciated. However, as it happens, that won't be necessary. I'd already guessed that burgundy was the one, and placed an order for an Aspley in burgundy, before I stumbled across this thread.

Happy to take your word and look forward to matching up the belt with the shoes.

Excellent website, by the way. Easy to navigate and very informative.

6. Equus Leather

Thank you, glad you like it!

The Aspley is a lovely buckle, good choice

Charlie

7. Equus Leather

8. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Hey Charlie,

Not all belts are available via the sale right? Didn't see any for Bakers Australian Nut.

9. Equus Leather

No, we've discounted a few of the biggest sellers by quite a bit which means you guys with the SF coupon get a really really good deal rather than giving out a global coupon that isn't as generous, the website will only let you use 1 coupon.

We've actually taken the Bakers Aus Nu toff the website at the moment - Bakers are having problems getting the oil they use in the tanning process they use for it which is a shame

Hope that helps!

Charlie

10. jrb666

jrb666 Senior member

Great value sale. I've just placed another order.

After doing so, and as I assume work hasn't started on my first order, I had a thought that the two might be combined and save a buck or two on postage?

Not sure how this might work though, as I've already paid the delivery charges for the second order.

If nothing can be done, never mind.

11. Equus Leather

Not a problem, we can amalgamate the orders and refund the second batch of postage.

Thank you for the order :)

Charlie

12. jrb666

jrb666 Senior member

Thanks Charlie. I've sent you a direct message.

13. dijor

dijor Senior member

Guys anyone have both widths 1 3/8" and 1 5/8"?

I wear only slim jeans but still not sure if 1 5/8" is not too wide or just perfect. The buckle I will go for is the Aspley.

14. Equus Leather

Others will chip in Im sure - my own opinion is that 40mm is a good jeans width, we use it for the Rentensu as well. 35mm is a great general purpose width though and means you can wear a belt with nearly any outfit. 35mm might be better with the slim look Id have thought?

Charlie

15. dijor

dijor Senior member

Yes Charlie thanks for your reply. Would like to hear some people who tried both. I mostly wear business casual i.e. jeans with a shirt to work.

16. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

With jeans either would be fine. I personally am a smaller guy and tend to go for the thinner one, but I also dress much more formally for work. After work I wear a 40mm.

17. Equus Leather

Hi Guys,

Sneak preview of a new design. This is the Stratfield, its a slightly unusual one for us, the design is such that we can make buckles and straps interchangeable so we're going to sell it as both a belt kit and a stitched version. The buckle is made for us in Paris, they've done an amazing job, the finish (just like the Aspley that they also make) is exceptional.

It'll be on the website in the next day or two all been well! This is the 30mm solid brass version in Hazel bridle leather - nice warm colour for this time of year! We'll also have 35mm and Palladium versions in due course.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Charlie

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  18. dijor

dijor Senior member

Woow lovely Charlie. Aspley & Stratfield is a killer combo.

19. Equus Leather

:) Glad you like them!

20. Equus Leather

Hi Guys,

We have this live on the website, we have the 30mm ready to go and we'll get the 35mm version on this month, plus the palladium version. Given this is a kit you can by a strap and buckle together or just a strap so you can add extra colours to your collection. Enjoy :)

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/bridle-leather-belts/stratfield-belt-kit.html

Charlie