1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Kinglew619

Kinglew619 Senior member

i was thinking that brass roller would be the perfect match also, I will pm you

2. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

I'm not familliar with Corter or Tanner but the Equus belt that does everything without fuss is the Scott.

3. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Some more development photos for those who are interested. This is a batch of card cases that are presents for my Ushers and Best Man - they are all scruffy so arent reading this!

First up this is made using a sample of Barenia. It completly comes to life when made into something, the general Barenia hype seems justified I think. This is the 2mm version of the leather so quite a chunky case, the 1.5mm would be better for this if we could get it.

2mm Barenia in Gold, Tan Goatskin lining, Tan edges, hand cut and hand stitched throughout with Ecru Lin Cable

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is another one. This time English Saddle leather, a cousin to the Barenia but fully veg tanned rather than double tanned and waxy rather than oiled. Lovely as well I think though much less famous.

1.5mm English Saddle Hide in Conker, Tan Goatskin lining, Tan edges, also completely handmade, this time with Light Brown Lin Cable . We can get the Saddle hide in 5 colours fairly easily, at least in comparison to the Barenia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A side by side photo, Barenia on the right, Saddle on the left. The Barenia colour is better represented above, difficult to get the colour of both right together.

[​IMG]

There are several more but havent taken any more photos as yet..

Charlie

2 people like this.
  4. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Charlie those wallets looks magnificent. I definitely dont need a wallet at any point soon as I have 2 card cases that have yet to be even used.

But a card case would be phenominal

5. justinkapur

Charlie those wallets looks magnificent. I definitely dont need a wallet at any point soon as I have 2 card cases that have yet to be even used.

But a card case would be phenominal

6. Equus Leather

What use is StyleForum if not to find new things you dont need but want anyway! Glad you like them :)

7. justinkapur

Oh you are so right sir!

I posted a while back asking but didnt really get any response but is there any pictures with a Panerai with any of your watch straps?

8. Equus Leather

I have made a few for Pans but I haven't seen any photos personally. One of the owners might be about and oblige though?

9. justinkapur

I want to see what one would look like before I purchase. I do need to purchase a medium brown workhorse belt from you at some point in the near future. Any sales that I should wait for?

10. Equus Leather

Hi Justin,

We're working on the new product ranges at the moment so no plans made for an particularly notable sales as yet. There are the various permanent coupons kicking about on here though that might help.

Quite understand re the strap. Bear in mind the watch straps can be as custom as you want, thick, thin, thick thread, thin thread, etc we can pretty much make whatever you want. Very happy to chat through the options even if you want to wait for some photos before hitting the go button.

None of these are Pans so not what you want, but some customer photos on lighter watches, we can go chunkier than this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Charlie

11. Kai

Kai Senior member

Received 3 Equus belts today:

Black raised and lined

Australian nut raised and lined.

Oak Brown Baker's.

All West End buckles. All 1 1/4 inches wide.

These are beautiful belts. Very substantial. Could likely support an engine hoist with any of them. And yet, for all that, they look very elegant.

Will post pictures soon.

12. yoose

yoose Well-Known Member

Your belts look great, but before I order I was wondering if you know if there will be any customs due if I were to ship to China? Thank you.

13. Equus Leather

Glad you like them :)

I'm afraid I'm not sure- we sell some but not very many belts to China so perhaps someone local will chime in with their experience with Chinese customs. We use Royal Mail International partially because them seem to cause few if any customs issues so hopefully the parcel would be fine

Charlie

14. JulianL

JulianL Well-Known Member

Since we're discussing delivery I'll take this opportunity to voice my approval for your choice of Royal Mail for your UK deliveries. I always breathe a sigh of relief when I see that a company that I'm ordering from uses Royal Mail for its UK shipments.

At least in my area items delivered by Royal Mail signed-for and parcel services tend to turn up on time without fuss or bother compared to the hassles that I sometimes get with the other courier companies such as being carded when I knew that I was in all day (presumably because they rang the wrong bell) and deliveries being dropped off at similar sounding but wrong addresses. Also, if a delivery is missed then going and collecting the package from one's local sorting office rather than re-arranging the delivery can be a fairly convenient option since the Royal Mail sorting offices tend to be far more local to the delivery address than the "local" depots of the various courier companies.

- Julian

15. BuddaLun

BuddaLun Well-Known Member

Would love to see pics of your new belts. I've been considering the R&L line for some time now.

16. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

This is pretty much my opinion also, born from similar experiences.

17. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Learning how to work the new camera. But if anyone was curious how the two Suede patches match up to Carmina suede.. here you go.

I only have Snuff and Navy. Chocolate is coming in a few months.

Top is Tobacco from Equus
    Bottom is Chocoate from Equus.
    [​IMG]

Learning how to work a 'real' camera still. Let me know if you need anything else.

18. Equus Leather

Many thanks for this, Royal Mail do get quite a bashing at times but I've only ever had 1 problem with using them for delivery in all the thousands I've sent in the UK. Glad the service works!

Dawn

19. Equus Leather

Hi All,

Just one of my periodic reminders for new members about the permanent discount for members here. The code StyleForum10% in the coupon box in our checkout (at www.equusleather.co.uk) will get you 10% of anything in your cart, plus the website will deduct the 20% VAT for members shopping from outside Europe. All in all a bargain!

Charlie

20. BWV988

BWV988 Senior member

First post here. Received two belts last week, and I couldn't be happier. My first belt is a West End in Australian Nut 1-1/4" with a stainless steel polished buckle and the standard 1" hole spacing. I thought I'd also give a Bakers belt a try, so I got an Oak Brown Bakers 1-1/4" with a West End stainless steel satin buckle. For the Oak Brown, I requested 3/4" hole spacing.

As noted by others previously, the packaging is a nice touch:

[​IMG]

The West End in Australian Nut:

[​IMG]

The Oak Brown (sorry for all the shadows):

[​IMG]

I really do like the various imperfections in the leather.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Oak Brown photos are not quite true to color. In real life, it has less orange and is more of a medium brown.

Some comparison shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Between the two, I am much more drawn to the Oak Brown Bakers. The "natural variegation and antiquing of colour," as Charlie calls it, is fantastic. Around the house, I find myself picking up this one much more often to look at, touch, and smell. And yes, these belts are so good that I don't feel weird about doing that.

I'd recommend spending some time to buff the belts before wearing them. Especially the Oak Brown. I seem to recall a post awhile back in the thread in which the poster's Bakers Australian Nut got soaked and dyed his OCBD along the waistline. Now I understand how that could happen. The second photo is from buffing the Oak Brown:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After alternating between dry and damp cloths, I think I've removed all the excess that would ever come off during everyday conditions. This seems like a small inconvenience considering this belt will easily last me for as long as I need it (or for as long as my waistline remains this size).

All in all, I'm thrilled about these belts and am already planning for my next one. Russet Bakers, maybe?

1 person likes this.