1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

wallet looks sweet

2. Salanito

Salanito Member

They look very nice, will get my first belt from you soon to so looking forward to that. But with the wallets keep in mind that some people might have a problem with the pigskin lining for religious reasons. So it might be worth making one with a different lining as well.

3. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Good point and one I hadn't thought of I confess so thank you. The pigskin lining is nice, really I used it because its what was to hand though, I think the production versions all have calf or goat linings. Goat has a really attractive grain pattern and is a traditional lining material because you can skive it down to thin the seam areas without it loosing strength or shape, I sourced some the other day so will post some photos in due course

Charlie

4. Equus Leather

Actually, Ive just looked again at the pigskin. Its really nice and is undyed but beautifully finished so shows the true character of the leather which is a recuring theme for our work, I hate leather that looks like plastic. We will offer the natural pigskin as an option I think, as well as the goat and calf so lots of choices

I'll post more photos over the next few days

Charlie

5. Salanito

Salanito Member

Choices are nice :)

6. Equus Leather

Absolutely - choice is completely the point of what we do. We may group things together on the website to make it easier to buy things but ultimately you can configure any detail you want of anything you buy from us, as long as we can do what you want well. Everything we sell is made specifically for its owner so little things like thread colour, hole placement, distribution and number for belts, edge colours etc etc are all playable with if people want to and mean you can make something thats unique to you and hopefully works and looks exactly like you want it to.

Charlie

7. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

Any idea when wallets will be ready for order?

8. Equus Leather

Fairly shortly, but not before September - we're busy getting orders made so we can have a few days off for our wedding! There will be some more prototypes made in the meantime though and Ill post photos as we make them

9. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Congrats on getting married!

I have a question regarding watch straps. Anyone have a picture of any color on any Panerais?

10. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

Congratulations Charlie!

11. Salanito

Salanito Member

That sounds excellent, good to know for further orders, thanks.

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Received my Scott Oak Bark the other day. I have to say, this is one epic piece of leather. This thing will be around for longer than I will! Really remarkable workmanship too - awesome job Charlie.

13. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

awesome. and you're doing exotics as well?

14. Equus Leather

Thanks all for the kind words and congratulations - all much appreciated!

To answer the question re exotics, we have a source of Croc, Lizard and Ostrich lined up for small leather goods (wallets/watchsraps) in due course once we have the designs sorted. They'll be a little longer than the calf versions though

Charlie

15. ErikJN

ErikJN Senior member

Received my Australian Nut West End a couple of weeks ago, thought I'd drop by this thread to compliment you on the stellar craftsmanship. The belt is beautiful. And, of course, major congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  16. bibs

bibs Senior member

Got my chocolate suede belt as well and the finish and quality is top-notch as usual.

Congratulations on your wedding Charlie !

17. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

18. Equus Leather

Glad you like the belt!

Thats quite a tricky colour, Id say its somewhere between Aus Nut and Dark Havana and its think you'll have judge wether you'd prefer the belt to be too light or too dark if you go for one of our belts. If it where me Id go for Aus Nut I think. Very happy to send samples if you want to take a look first hand though - a samples beats an opinion based on photos!

Charlie

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  19. Sergej

Sergej Member

Hi everybody,

Would Burgundy or Australian Nut go with both of these shoes? Or should I just get two belts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't decide if the burgundy would be to red for the monks or the Australian nut to brown for the loafers.

Opinions?

20. jas0nt

jas0nt Senior member

Hi Charlie/Dawn

I was wondering if you by chance make custom made wallets? I have one which is a relatively simple design - and was hoping you could recreate it if I were to send you photos/dimensions.

Regards
    Jason