Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Isak Bengtsbo

Isak Bengtsbo Well-Known Member

Hi Charlie,

I'm in need of a dark brown belt and thinking about the Australian nut . Would that color be able to use together with a pair of semi-dark brown shoes but with hints of burgundy? The color is truly difficult to "narrow" down. No exact science but a definitive no?

Best

2. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Maybe! The Aus Nut is a good darkish brown with some red, so it would probably work with the shoes even if not match perfectly. We do have a Burgundy, that might work better, its a close relation to the Aus Nut but a little richer and a touch redder - theres a photo about 3 post up.

By all means PM me a photo of the shoes and I'll take a look, or we can send you some samples if you'd like to take a look first hand?

Charlie

3. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Any thoughts on the best color to match with Alden's #4? I don't care about an exact match, just something that would blend nicely.

[​IMG]

4. Equus Leather

Hazel, Oxford Tan or Oak Brown. Sticking my neck out Id say Oxford Tan - more the colour of the burnished areas but a nice combo I would think

Charlie

5. Equus Leather

Feel free :)

6. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I might just have to. For anyone on the fence, you will be so happy with these belts. Best belts I have ever worn. Stiff at first but breaks in so nicely. Colors are sharp and they are extremely comfortable.

7. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Well you got me Charlie! I've been browsing this thread and your website for at least a year. You provide such a great resource by participating here. It's that level of service and your passion for your product that made it an easy decision to buy from you at Equus. Coupled with the Easter promotion and it was just enough to push me over the edge and order 2 belts, a Burgundy West End and Russett Bakers Bridle.

8. Equus Leather

Thanks to both Justin and Patrick for the kind words (and orders!), very much appreciated :)

Charlie

9. Equus Leather

Hi All,

As promised a Sam Browne in British Racing Green. The yellow thread and brass really bring out the green - I like the combo enough this one is for me!

[​IMG]

Charlie

10. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

A great product, fine service, and great experience ordering. Highly recommended. Will be back for a british racing green soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Thanks! And now a sizing question: I measured a belt according to the instructions on your site and got 34". If I add 2" to my pant size, I get 36". Which is the better measurement to use when ordering?

12. Equus Leather

A belt measurement is always best - trousers sizes etc are really just an estimate, albeit a good one hopefully.

The best way by a long way is

Measure your existing belt from, but not including the buckle to the hole you wear the belt on most. Assuming your belt is reasonably substantial thats generally the size you should order. The belt we make for you will be that length from the buckle to the middle of the 7 holes it has (by default), and an overall length (ex buckle) of that length +7". If your belt is quite thin its probably worth rounding the size you order up a little. There are several designs (the L&Rs, the Sam Browne and the Garrison) where you need to order 1/2 to 1" bigger, but other than those this should work for all our belts. We've no problem making belts with custom hole spacing, more or less holes, 1/2" sizes etc etc, just let us know at the time of order or get in touch to chat through what you want pre or post order and we'll sort it out for you, I'm always happy to chat through questions or ideas.

Our sizing guide is here, for completeness

I hope that helps,

Charlie

13. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Senior member

I've been keeping an eye on your belts for a while, and now with the easter discount it seems like a good time to pick one up! But it's so hard to pick a colour [​IMG] I already have a decent mid-brown belt (with no red in it), so shouldn't be too close to that.

I'm considering a burgundy west end - would you say the colour is similar to this one: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0184/4436/products/7983429298_343d8104a8_b_1024x1024.jpg?7270

or is your burgundy darker/more brown (it seems so on some of the pictures)? Thanks!

14. Equus Leather

Hi BB, Our Burgundy is definitley browner and darker than that - its rich and deep rather than light and Oxbloody, if that makes sense? Very happy to send you samples if you like? Charlie