1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Damn, missed the Easter 13 code!

2. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

There's a permanent StyleForum coupon though - StyleForum10% will get you a 10% discount of your whole cart. Not quite as good I know but better than nothing!

HTH

Charlie

3. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Thanks, I just remembered that!

4. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

[​IMG]

Flat buckle bridal blue extra width with brass optional keeper

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Equus Leather

Good photo, thank you! This is a Flat Buckle belt in 1 1/2" with a brass keeper in a satin finish in our Midnight Blue - glad its being enjoyed! Charlie

6. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

I've read the measuring guide but wanted to hear the forum experience. Do you normally order the same waist size as your trousers (e.g., size 34 trousers = size 34 belt)?

7. NiceToHave

NiceToHave Active Member

That's what I ended up using, with success.

But I think I tried all three methods and they all pointed in the same direction (31"). Using only the trouser waist size could give you the wrong size if your buying to big/small trousers (which isnt very uncommon, depends on your own perception on how they should fit) + I have pants that fit me excellent but in different sizes (30-32").

8. Equus Leather

I realise this was for other customers not me - my apologies for butting in. My advice would be to measure a belt as per Method 1 in the guide here - its nearly infallable provided your not buying an L&R, Sam Browne or Garrison and they only need small tweaks. The trouser - belt size relationship depends on the accuracy of the trouser size, measuring a belt with a tape measure will give you a much better idea.

Hope that helps,

Charlie

9. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I've found the measuring guide to be pretty spot on. I typically wear size 32 trousers. Using the measuring guide, I've ordered two Equus belts at 33.5 and they have worked out great for me.

10. Equus Leather

We've just got a lovely batch of the Bakers Dark Stain Harness leather we use for the Scott belt. Bakers make it for us to our own private formulation and Ive had the recipe tweaked slightly to make it a touch more flexible and a touch more elastic so it has a little more give over the hips based on a piece we had I thought was about the perfect strength/comfort combination. Really pleased with the end results and looking forward to working with it in the next few days (not that I'm a leather geek or anything...)

I havent posted this link for a little while, this is a photo essay the BBC did about Bakers who tan a lot of our leather. Really interesting viewing for those into artisan makers and leather, they are the last oak bark tanners in the UK and one of not many in the world and produce some of the best leather Ive ever worked with, I love it.

Charlie

11. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Can you explain this sentence?

"Dont include the buckle, but measure from the very end of the leather where the buckle is to the hole you like the best."

So I measure from the leather hole that is normally used until where, the beginning of the buckle?

12. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Hole to the end of the leather.

[​IMG]

So this one would be a 40".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
    2 people like this.
  13. Equus Leather

From the leather hole normally in use to the very end of the leather at the buckle end. Dont measure to the very end of the buckle, just to the very end of the leather. I hope that makes sense? I'm not great at Photoshop or I'd draw a diagram

Charlie

14. Equus Leather

I missed this - exactly as illustrated, that belt in our terms would be a 40"

15. jeff1234

jeff1234 Member

love this one
    The Lined and Raised in Hazel - 1000 + stitches all by hand

16. Equus Leather

Thank you - heres a photo + a British Racing Green version with an Aus Nut lining by way of variety :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Hey Charlie. I don't think that is an accurate picture of the whole measurement, but does have a good picture of where to start/stop measuring on the buckle end. That belt seems to have two buckle ends.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  18. Equus Leather

Hi Winston,

Your right, it does! I think Patrick was kindly trying to show where to stop at the buckle end though, which is the confusing bit! I'll try and post a set of photos of our own later if poss.

Charlie

19. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

I see that it starts where the buckle and leather meet. It doesn't show the other end.

20. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

The other end should be measure to the holed that you feel most comfortable using at the other end of the belt. Ideally once you have that measured that will be the middle hole on your new Equus belt and you will have a few tighter and looser holes on each end.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013