• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just so people know, these are our last order dates for Christmas - we've just emailed everyone on our mailing list as well

UK Customers:
1st December: First Class Recorded

International Airmail Signed:
18th November:
Western Europe

15th November:
USA/Canada/Eastern Europe

11th November:
Rest of World

Charlie

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
very well equipped! I wonder which will be your favorite in a year's wear?

iVoRy

Reaction score
Just recieved my belt. One quick question. How do I clean my belt?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just recieved my belt. One quick question. How do I clean my belt?

Hi Ivory,

Generally just a soft cloth when the belts are new/newish will have them looking as good as new. As the belts get older a leather feed/conditioner will help them age well, we sell one specifically designed for the leather but there are several good ones around that will do the job.

I hope that help,

Charlie

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Ivory,
Generally just a soft cloth when the belts are new/newish will have them looking as good as new. As the belts get older a leather feed/conditioner will help them age well, we sell one specifically designed for the leather but there are several good ones around that will do the job.
I hope that help,
Charlie

Charlie,

I have worn my dark havanna belt 3 times in a row. I F*CKING LOVE THAT BELT

British Racing Green tomorrow :slayer:

Justin

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Ivory,
I hope that help,
Charlie

I have one of your belts along with the conditioner and I'm curious about when you should start conditioning the belt? Right from the start or only after some wear?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Charlie,
I have worn my dark havanna belt 3 times in a row. I F*CKING LOVE THAT BELT
British Racing Green tomorrow :slayer:
Justin

:) We've done our job then! Glad you like them!

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I have one of your belts along with the conditioner and I'm curious about when you should start conditioning the belt? Right from the start or only after some wear?

Personally I think when the belt starts to feel dry. When they are new the leather should feel well nourished and look a little waxy, at that stage I think they are best left alone. As time goes by, depending on the conditions the belt experiences, the specific bit of leather and how much wear it gets you'll find the leather starts to feel dryer to the touch and thats the point I'd apply the leather feed. If you feel the leather needs to be softer or more flexible at any point though then the feed will help at any point.

I hope that helps at least a little!

Charlie

888style

Reaction score
When will you have the Fillis 1 1/4" width back in stock as the word "temporarily" in the below statement get's to be a more permanent status....

"The Fillis is temporarily unavailable in 1 1/4" width - why not try the 1 1/8"?"

Last edited:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

When will you have the Fillis 1 1/4" width back in stock as the word "temporarily" in the below statement get's to be a more permanent status....
"The Fillis is temporarily unavailable in 1 1/4" width - why not try the 1 1/8"?"

Yeah, thats been there for a while now hasnt it...

I've been promised more of the 1 1/4 buckles several times now, I'll give the suppliers one more go and then I think we'll declare the 1 1/4" officially no more. I'll post here if we do get them, I dont think we will though..

Charlie

Spaceman Spiff

Reaction score
Can't wait to get my Australian Nut Winchester Quick Release and London Tan West End Roller. :D

pleco

Reaction score
Ordered a Westfield in black in Sedgewick and a Westfield in Australian Nut in Bakers, both with polished pewter buckles in 1.25" width. Can't wait, Charlie was very helpful in answering my questions and based on what I've seen on this thread I'm sure I'll be very happy!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

No progress still, but we have lots of the 1 1/4 Brass Quick Release if you'd like one of them instead though ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads