• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

stylishcookie

Reaction score
The Renaissance wont hurt the Palladium, but it wont be significant help either. Renaissance is a micro-crystaline wax that forms a transparent barrier layer between something reactive (ie Brass in our case) and the air/fingers etc. Palladium is more or less un-reactive, so it wont tarnish with handling, (though it can get dirty like anything else) and so Renaissance wont make a lot of difference. Excellent stuff for Brass/Nickel/Damascus or any other base metal or Silver that requires protection from the air though. It was developed in the British Meuseum for exactly that purpose

Hope thats some help!

Charlie
Thanks Charlie! Much appreciated on your detailed explanation with lightning response speed. It will certainly be helpful as I may plan to order some more belts from Equus next year with buckle finished other than Palladium. :)

stylishcookie

Reaction score
End of the leather to the hole you wear the current belt on should give you a really good estimate for your first belt. Im sure the team will reply shortly though :)

Charlie
Thanks Charlie! Just private messaged you regarding an inquiry about placing order, any advice would be much appreciated.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charlie, are the Rentetsu buckles all sold out?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Charlie, are the Rentetsu buckles all sold out?

Sadly yes. Theyre made using old (> 100 year old) wrought iron reclaimed from bridges, chains, etc in Japan and its getting really hard to come by. I'm trying to get more, but no ETA as yet and Im not getting very good vibes about it at the moment. Watch this space but dont hold your breath :)

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly yes. Theyre made using old (> 100 year old) wrought iron reclaimed from bridges, chains, etc in Japan and its getting really hard to come by. I'm trying to get more, but no ETA as yet and Im not getting very good vibes about it at the moment. Watch this space but dont hold your breath :)

Definitely regrets not getting another one. Crossing fingers...

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I know some of you have been waiting for a long time for a resupply of our Parisien buckles. We've just got a batch of 30 and 35mm Aspleys in Palladium, 30mm Aspleys in Brass and 30mm Stratfield's in Palladium. We have enough for a little while but we do tend to get through them faster than we can get them in so wont be around for too long

aspley_palladium.jpg

burgh_pal.jpg

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charlie, I've ordered probably 20+ belts combined so I truly love your products. But please please have your guys recheck orders before making the belt or shipping them. So far this is the 3rd wrong item I received. Ordered 2 x 30mm buckles received a 35mm and a 30mm. Given the time it takes for Equus to remake or reship it takes another 2-3 months before I get to use the actual items. Even buckles back and forth would be more than a month as I'm in another continent. Also the return shipping cost and hassle. Plus hopefully you haven't ran out of the 30mm palladium Stratfield.

IMG20171117223047.jpg

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Charlie, I've ordered probably 20+ belts combined so I truly love your products. But please please have your guys recheck orders before making the belt or shipping them. So far this is the 3rd wrong item I received. Ordered 2 x 30mm buckles received a 35mm and a 30mm. Given the time it takes for Equus to remake or reship it takes another 2-3 months before I get to use the actual items. Even buckles back and forth would be more than a month as I'm in another continent. Also the return shipping cost and hassle. Plus hopefully you haven't ran out of the 30mm palladium Stratfield.

View attachment 876643

Yes, thats not two 30mm buckles is it. Really sorry to hear you've had a problem. We put a lot of effort in to our products, as your collection attests but its no good if the Customer Service isn't up to scratch, my apologies. We have a new member of staff in charge of CS/Orders and the processes that let an error like this and earlier ones slip through the net are all being tightened up. My personal remit is to try to have a world class product leave the workshop, but we have to keep working at being world class at all the other stuff, some of which is very complex to manage.

The correct buckle will leave by DHL on Mon. Also, PM sent!

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Black Friday approaches! Especially for StyleForum, the coupon NOIR2017 will give you 20% of anything in your cart, valid until close of play our time on Fri. We very rarely discount this heavily so enjoy it while you can :)

www.equusleather.co.uk

Charlie

aMb

Reaction score
Hi Charlie - if I try and place an order for a wallet it says there is no stock if I do not want any personalisation - I assume this is a glitch? Are you able to look into this please before the above code finishes?
Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads