• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's the new version, not the underwater harvest?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That's the new version, not the underwater harvest?

Yes - a new version of that leather that we call Cuir De Russie. Its specifically not leather from the Metta Catherina, but the very best of all the leathers that have tried to recapture the recipe lost in the Russian revolution. We, along with nearly everyone else, have run out of the last of the stocks of the Metta Catherina leather now. This leather doesnt have the back story of being 230 years old, but equally doesnt have the technical issues of being 230 years old and is a much better leather as a result. In all other aspects its indistinguishable to the extent Id advise even more caution than usual buying Metta Catherina based products!

DSCF2133.JPG

Charlie

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes - a new version of that leather that we call Cuir De Russie. Its specifically not leather from the Metta Catherina, but the very best of all the leathers that have tried to recapture the recipe lost in the Russian revolution. We, along with nearly everyone else, have run out of the last of the stocks of the Metta Catherina leather now. This leather doesnt have the back story of being 230 years old, but equally doesnt have the technical issues of being 230 years old and is a much better leather as a result. In all other aspects its indistinguishable to the extent Id advise even more caution than usual buying Metta Catherina based products!

View attachment 816336

Charlie
Price wise, is this less than the Baranil/ barenia?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Trumpstylz

Reaction score
Can you tell me what colors of Lin cable you have in the heavier weights (I was hoping for heavier than medium, so I guess medium heavy and heavy)?

I wanted to get the baker russett with a heavier royal blue if its available.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you tell me what colors of Lin cable you have in the heavier weights (I was hoping for heavier than medium, so I guess medium heavy and heavy)?

I wanted to get the baker russett with a heavier royal blue if its available.

I'll take a look tomorrow, but off handed I think mostly the earth tones + Ecru, I suspect not the RB. Will check though! We do have a medium blue linen that is a similar shade to the Royal Blue, and we may also have that shade in Tiger thread though

Charlie

Trumpstylz

Reaction score
I'll take a look tomorrow, but off handed I think mostly the earth tones + Ecru, I suspect not the RB. Will check though! We do have a medium blue linen that is a similar shade to the Royal Blue, and we may also have that shade in Tiger thread though
Pics of the tiger and linen would be great if you have them, thanks!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Pics of the tiger and linen would be great if you have them, thanks!

'Fraid we havent got any of the heavier Lin Cable in the Royal as I though. Heres a quick iPhone photo of the Linen and Tiger threads though, Tiger to the left. The Tiger is available in this colour in both .6 and .8mm, the .8 is really quite substantial
IMG_2087.JPG

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new Demascus buckle is on the left, old one on the right. This has got to be my absolute favorite belt. I wear it almost everyday and I cant wait to incorporate the new one into my rotation. The color looks similar but the new one is a hair darker and matches the contrast stitching on the denim perfectly.
image2 (6).JPG

image1 (7).JPG

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What do you think of the Lin compared to the tiger and linen?

You don't plan on getting the medium heavy or heavy in Royal Blue by chance do you?

My preference is Lin Cable, but the other two are nice also. Lin Cable is much rounder, much less wooly and pretty much indisputably the best quality linen thread in the world, but with a price tag to march. Really great thread. The tiger thread is the synthetic equivalent in terms of quality, we use it for our canine/equine stuff as its better in a damp environment. I prefer natural material, so LC is always my first choice where rotting isnt an issue, but its a great thread nonetheless. The everyday linen is perfectly good, not as tight as the other two and not as clean a stitch, but very good nonetheless. Very very small details though - if you prefer linen the Barbour is fine, if you're happy with manmade the Tiger is a great thread. Its a new introduction so not much in the way of photos yet though

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My new Demascus buckle is on the left, old one on the right. This has got to be my absolute favorite belt. I wear it almost everyday and I cant wait to incorporate the new one into my rotation. The color looks similar but the new one is a hair darker and matches the contrast stitching on the denim perfectly.
View attachment 820288

View attachment 820289

Looks good! Really interesting to see the two buckles together, as similar as they are in design (identical in fact) two very individual buckles

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Couple of wallet photos from recently I thught you guys might like

The next in our Lloyd family being prototyped and tested. This is a billfold based around the most popular of the family, the card case. Coming to the website soon! As you can see we've also been working on personalisation options

Img0065.jpg

And this is one of the ever popular Card Case, particularily nice combination of Storm Grey interior, Brick lin cable and Cuir de Russie outer. One of the favorite of these we've made I think

Img0058.jpg

Img0049.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads