• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Wowee Zowee

Reaction score
Equus and owners of - do the bridle leather belts stretch at all? I have an Orion belt that has probably stretched 1/2" so I'm wondering if I should size down to compensate..

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Equus and owners of - do the bridle leather belts stretch at all? I have an Orion belt that has probably stretched 1/2" so I'm wondering if I should size down to compensate..

My experience would suggest that they won't stretch at all in any meaningful way so you should just buy the size you need. My own belts haven't stretched at all and feedback suggests that's normal.

I think my bridle leather belts have probably stretched a little (I have four, three of which get much more use than the fourth, and there's a slight difference). My Bakers belt on the other hand has stretched quite noticeably.

That's really interesting, if ever you got a chance to get out a tape measure and pm numbers I'd appreciate it. Is the Bakers belt an Australian Nut one? In the while the Bakers leather is even less stretchy than the Sedgwick

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any chance for a black or dark brown leather from Bakers?

The Scott leather actually tends to be quite dark at times, nearly Dark Havanna so worth a thought. We dont carry a black from them though, the point of their leathers as the beauty of the skin and how it matures (IMO) and if you dye it black its just a black leather really

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All,

We've just recieved a small batch of our Damascus buckles, nice set with a good dark etch with lots of character. Of the 15 we got 5 went before they went online, the rest will sell quickly but available at the moment, The site has the buckles listed individually so you can pick the precise buckle you want

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/special-edition-belts/damascus-belt.html

damascus_buckle_detail.jpg

Charlie

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wanna say the Shackleton belt is truly the all purpose model in Equus collection. Tougher but as flexible, the grain is actually as fine as Sedgewick rather than Baker making it suitable even with suits. If I have to choose only 1 belt from Equus this would be it. Thank you Charlie!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just wanna say the Shackleton belt is truly the all purpose model in Equus collection. Tougher but as flexible, the grain is actually as fine as Sedgewick rather than Baker making it suitable even with suits. If I have to choose only 1 belt from Equus this would be it. Thank you Charlie!

Pleased you like it, thank you for the kind words :)

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Couldn't agree more. I own a few casual Equus belts but the Schackleton is my favorite. Love the color and texture. I find it a nice match to my Alden snuff suede boots.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We have just released our latest film which will hopefully be of interest, particularly to the watch guys here. Take a look at how our watch straps are made, from start to finish

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All,

We have a discont code valid at the moment you guys might like! July15 will get you 15% of anything in your cart untill the 23rd July. Enjoy! As ever you lucky guys outside the EU also get the VAT deducted at checkout also

www.equusleather.co.uk

Charlie

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Equus Leather
Charlie how do we get a belt in your "Russian" leather.
I don't see the choice under belts and i am not sure if that is an option to begin with.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Equus Leather
Charlie how do we get a belt in your "Russian" leather.
I don't see the choice under belts and i am not sure if that is an option to begin with.

At the moment these are special order only we havent got them on the website as yet. Perfectly doable though, drop me a PM if you'd like one!

This is the Russian Calf/Cuir de Russie we are talking about (+ a Rentetsu buckle) for those who dont know what we're talking about!

IMG_3059.JPG

Charlie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics