1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Wow, absolutely beautiful!

2. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Really glad you like the belt and I'm really glad you enjoyed the process and the experience. I try hard to make the L&Rs in particular a bespoke experience rather than just a belt, so pleased we succeeded!

The waxy coating is the stuff that makes bridle leather bridle leather, its called tanners grease. It'll buff off with a soft cloth or wear off over time, we tend to leave it as it protects the surface in transit and in use and we like to try and present the belts in absoloutly pristine order with the leather as it left the tannery if possible.

I made a really striking Mediumweight with a Red face and keepers, black lining and yellow stitching yesterday - very striking indeed and a good illustration of how customisable the design is, but stupidly I didnt take any pictures..

Charlie

3. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

cant wait for my belts. just got email from Dawn this past week :slayer:

4. Equus Leather

Hello all at SF!

Just a quick note from me - I've just read the lovely post about opening the L&R belt and the sense of occasion one experienced and this really pleased me!

Thanks for all the kind words. I know its normally Charlie that posts about all the technical side of the belts, but from an admin and packaging pov, it's lovely to see people enjoy the experience of buying from us, so thank you all very much.

Dawn

5. ivanswk

ivanswk Well-Known Member

hi , saw your facebook discount and put a order for 2 :nodding:

6. ap10046

ap10046 Senior member

Here is my medium weight L&R belt.
    As i said earlier..it is a VERY substantial belt!

With phone-cam flash and without...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Equus Leather

Looking good :)

The Halloween coupon we put on Facebook has expired now but just a reminder theres a 10% coupon in this thread that works - its 'StyleForum10%' to save people the trouble of reading all the way through to find it.

Charlie

8. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

I really like the dog collars and that britain dog tag. Might buy that for my dog on christmas :)

9. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Already have a green, plain collar for my dachs, excellent collar!

10. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

We must spoil them sometimes!

11. Equus Leather

I made a Scott belt on Friday that will be worn on a walk (not by me) from Resolute Bay to (we hope) the North Pole - rather cool so I thought I'd share :)

This is the wearer http://thenorthpoleexpedition.com

Charlie

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  12. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

I have two Baker's oak bark leather belts a-coming soon. Will write down a line or two once they arrive.

13. Naive Jr.

Naive Jr. Senior member

Dear Charlie,

Thanks very much for taking the trouble to comply with my request to post the photographs (a friend shot for me and sent me in an email attachment which I forwarded to you) because I couldn't do it - (I just don't have the savvy for this Internet complexity and I ain't got my own laptop). I did not reflect that photographs of wearing the belt ("action photograph") would be unusual, and now I notice that most photographs here are of only the belts themselves. (For all you readers:I know it is a paradox that I send Charlie an action photograph but he must take the action to put it here, and I don't know how Charlie could take more photos of wearers unless they visit him or he visits them, or maybe through internet camera?)

For the possible benefit of readers here I repeat what I wrote you: I am very happy about your recommendation instead of the classical heavyweight I order the middleweight - it's just what I want and perfect. Your estimation of the belt length is also perfect. You also put the belt holes in the belt exactly so that the middle hole is the one I need. Your further recommendation of yellow as thread colour fits perfectly as well. There's nothing at all to complain about. I wasn't impatient about the arrival of the belt and the belt didn't arrive late at all - I imagined you would need longer. So for at least once in my life I ordered something and didn't need to suffer and make a mistake to learn what I shouldn't do. On the other hand, my infinite inquiries probably was a test of nerves for you.

So I dare say I am very HAPPY about this wonderful belt!

Thanks very much,
    Your most satisfied customer

PS: Dawn was very kind to me when I phoned. Charlie is fortunate to have such a nice colleague.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  14. ivanswk

ivanswk Well-Known Member

Nice, now i am regreting never put in order for the rest of the colour. :slayer:

15. justinkapur

X-post from recent purchases but this is probably where this needs to go

Hey guys heres my contribution to the thread today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great communication, excellent packaging and great quality product. West end in 1.25" stainless steel in British Racing Green, Midnight Navy, and Dark Havanna.
    I cant wait to wear one tomorrow :slayer: decisions decisions....

16. Equus Leather

Hi All,

Just so people know, these are our last order dates for Christmas - we've just emailed everyone on our mailing list as well

UK Customers:
    1st December: First Class Recorded

International Airmail Signed:
    18th November:
    Western Europe

15th November:
    USA/Canada/Eastern Europe

11th November:
    Rest of World

Charlie

17. Naive Jr.

Naive Jr. Senior member

very well equipped! I wonder which will be your favorite in a year's wear?

18. iVoRy

iVoRy Active Member

Just recieved my belt. One quick question. How do I clean my belt?

19. Equus Leather

Hi Ivory,

Generally just a soft cloth when the belts are new/newish will have them looking as good as new. As the belts get older a leather feed/conditioner will help them age well, we sell one specifically designed for the leather but there are several good ones around that will do the job.

I hope that help,

Charlie

20. justinkapur

Charlie,

I have worn my dark havanna belt 3 times in a row. I F*CKING LOVE THAT BELT

British Racing Green tomorrow :slayer:

Justin