Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hi,

There is a little photo of a leather covered buckle in my avatar to the right <------ I can try and find a better photo if you want to see more detail but that should give you an idea I think.

Re the colours, I think our leather colours page will have some pretty clear photos that should help here. I can find some hi res pictures I'm sure if you want to see bigger versions, I should probably PM/email them rather than post multi meg pictures here. Probably the best thing though is if we were to send you some off cuts so you can see first hand - much easier to see in real life if your trying to compare. If it helps I'd say the shoes are somewhere between Australian Nut and Dark Havanna but closer to Dark Havanna.

The default pattern for our belts is for them to have 7 holes at 1" intervals starting 4" from the point. The centre of the 7 will be at the size you've ordered. Very happy to vary all of that as much as you'd like, everything is made specifically for its owner for exactly that reason, so 3 holes at 3/4" spacing or 5 @ 1" or whatever else you'd like is absolutely fine.

Re reversible belts I don't think thats a direction we'll go. The unlined bridle leather has a flesh and grain side, the flesh side is finished but does look like the flesh side - its proper leather so no plastic coatings etc so the back is different to the front. Our Lined belts are all hand stitched (as is everything we do) and again hand stitching has sides, a front and back and whilst the back isn't untidy it isn't as neat as the front (this is the quick and easy way of telling hand from machine stitching if your not sure which it is) so not amenable to being reversible. Sorry!

Charlie

2. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

Hi, Charlie.

My blue & BRG belts arrived today. They're beautiful! The colors are very subtle. Each belt has a slightly oily sheen on the outer surface. Should I leave them alone, or could I brush them with a horsehair brush to bring out the shine?

Thank you very much,

Nick

3. lychyrychy

lychyrychy Senior member

I received a london tan and burgundy with 1" width. Excellent construction and finish. Highly recommended and would buy again. :)

Below is a pic with the burgundy belt. It has become my favorite!

[​IMG]

4. Equus Leather

Hi Guys,

Glad you like the belts :)

Regarding the waxy finish, this is a very thin layer of the stuff that makes it bridle leather, the tanners grease. It's basically lanolin and beeswax. I tend to leave it on but if you'd prefer a flatter finish by all means buff with a soft cloth or soft brush if you like. It certainly won't do any harm and will just speed up the natural wearing off that'll happen anyway.

Hope this helps!

Charlie

5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

6. Equus Leather

Hi All,

The coupon code is StyleForum10% - any problems I'm more than happy to help

Charlie

7. deveandepot1

8. Equus Leather

Good stuff! let me know if I can be of any help

Charlie

9. deveandepot1

I am good. This will be my third order.

10. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

Hi, Charlie.

I ordered straps without buckles earlier in the summer, but I now want to order buckles, too. I'm interested in the London Dee & Kensington buckles shown on your site. Is it possible to order them alone?

Thanks in advance,

Nick D.

11. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

Wow, received shipment. Fantastic belt and I really like the attention to detail with the stitching. And that glorious leather-y smell.. :) Caught my wife taking a sniff when she thought I wasn't looking.

12. wqvong

wqvong Senior member

Charlie,

I love the watch strap but the only problem I have with it is that it shrunk a lot. It shrunk more than 1mm (width, look at leather next to the lug). Is there a way to preshrink it?

[​IMG]

Thanks,

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012

13. Equus Leather

Hi WQ,

I'm surprised about this, Ive been wearing one since we came up with the design and nothing has made them shrink and I'm not overly kind to them. The only easy way of shrinking leather is lots of heat - I know your a hotter place than we are but even so I'm not convinced the climate is a likely culprit. In all honesty I'm more inclined to think we made the strap a little narrow initially - has it not always been a touch narrow? Anyway, drop me a PM and we can chat through the strap and its life and see what we can do to help.

Charlie

14. Equus Leather

Fab, glad you like it :)

15. Equus Leather

Hi Nick,

No problem at all, drop me an email or pm with the width (I can look it up for you if needs be) and the finish you want, we'll send you a PayPal invoice (the website doesnt know about buckles) and assuming we have the buckle to hand they can be in the post the following day

Many thanks,

Charlie