• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its in the Buckle Finish dropdown for the Mayfairs. Sorry - Id forgotten the buckles where out of stock at the moment. Hopefully back in stock at the start of Feb

We have two seperate routes for buckle finishes. Some of our buckles - those within the Parisian collection basically - we're able to have Palladium finished to a standard we find acceptable at the buckle makers, so we stock and offer them in both Brass and Palladium finished Brass. Where we dont have that option (ie we are sourcing the buckles from a maker in the UK and they dont have the facilities to finish the buckles as well as we can) we repolish the buckles and have the finishes done individually here in the UK, so we can make sure the standard of finishing is right. If thats the case you'll find all of the finishing options available in the Buckle Finish drop down when you choose a brass buckle, so you can take a Brass (or Sterling Silver) Mayfair (for eg), or nearly any of the other buckles and have it Palladium, Gold, Rose Gold or Ruthenium finished. The website tries to reflect our workflow, as much as possible

Hope thats some help!

Charlie

Amazing at the number of options you guys now offer compared to just a few yeara ago. And to think that the first belts we bought would probably last us a lifetime given the quality.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Amazing at the number of options you guys now offer compared to just a few yeara ago. And to think that the first belts we bought would probably last us a lifetime given the quality.

Well I have a hard time with the status quo - theres always a way to do or make something better, even if it is only a tiny bit. Some of the changes are incorporated in to the products and you never know theyre there, some of them become options and some become products or families of products. All help keep my low boredom threshold in check!

Revamping the alligator collection is one of the next jobs for the next few months, and we're just in the process of a custom buckle family being finished

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The buckles offering is impressive as well

Thank you. The aim with the buckles is that they be jewellery and that they stand alone as a beautiful object in their own right, not simply things that hold a belt closed, which really is how they have always been seen. Getting suppliers to buy in to that philosophy is quite hard at times and we're increasingly completely designing or redesigning individual buckles and dictating the manufacturing and finishing processes to get them how we want them. Its a work in progress, but we are progressing hopefully!

Charlie

NikSam

Reaction score
Hello. I'm novice to leather and i faced with such problem

I use buffalo belt strap (butt). I'm sure problem of this situation is not in dyes or finishes, it occured before dying and finishing. What's wrong with butt? Do all butts the same? Thank you very much.
Best regards, Nik

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hello. I'm novice to leather and i faced with such problem I use buffalo belt strap (butt). I'm sure problem of this situation is not in dyes or finishes, it occured before dying and finishing. What's wrong with butt? Do all butts the same? Thank you very much. Best regards, Nik
This probably isnt the right place for general leatherwork advise, drop me a PM or email and I'll help if I can though. For what its worth my limited experience of Buffalo is that it tends towards being quite soft, loose and fiberous as your picture shows. The only decent looking Buffalo Ive see is from Remy Carriat, is grained but even so still looks and feel quite loose. Im not a fan, we dont work with it though so Im not commenting from deep experience of the leather type Charlie

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My new Demascus buckle in action. I'm pretty stoked about this bad boy

Last edited:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

My new Demascus buckle in action. I'm pretty stoked about this bad boy

Glad you like it! The next batch are more or less ready to go on to the website, this weekend if I can

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the best value Seikos out there is the SARB Cocktail time. A beautiful domed watch and sunburst face along with a reliable movement for sub $500, but the black polished bridle strap, while nice in its own right, limits the utility of the watch.

So I added an equus strap, gold barenia/baranil with royal blue lin stiching. Complete changes the character of the watch. Also supremely comfortable.

Also now my whole office wants equus straps.

Last edited:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One of the best value Seikos out there is the SARB Cocktail time. A beautiful domed watch and sunburst face along with a reliable movement for sub $500, but the black polished bridle strap, while nice in its own right, limits the utility of the watch.

So I added an equus strap, gold barenia/baranil with royal blue lin stiching. Complete changes the character of the watch. Also supremely comfortable.

Also now my whole office wants equus straps.

It would go even better, Equus style I'd say with the new 2017 SARX047:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What width should one go for for pairing with jeans?

Turnaround time?

That depends on body type and personal style. I think 31mm should be suitable for most people given the thickness of the belts. 38mm is too burly unless you're a really buff guy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads