1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes! It was a popular promotion so lots of orders, but any delay now is mostly for stuff in my personal queue, so Calf L&Rs like yours, wallets, watch straps etc now, we've worked through the rest. My personal queue is the least elastic so can lag when there are lots of orders. All coming together though! If anyone wants a specific update of course very happy to help - I can always be got by PM here, Dawn and Phoebe man the customerservices@equusleather.co.uk email account to and can give any scheduling info.

Charlie

2. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Thanks for the update, Charlie! I was just thinking about email to check on the status of my order.

3. Equus Leather

Do - always happy to help!

4. facetious

facetious Member

Does Equus have any intention in the near future to create a slide buckle belt? Preferably with a prong instead of a friction fastener.

Ben

5. Equus Leather

Our Stratfield is not a million miles away from slide + prong really.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We havent any plans for the more tradition sliding friction fit though Im afraid though maybe in time. We do make straps for them fairly regularly though, the Tiffany version of the buckle is very nice, the best Ive seen so far I think and would be my recommendation if thats a style you like

Charlie

6. Wowee Zowee

Wowee Zowee Active Member

@Equus Leather can you recall what width the pictured belts are in?

7. Equus Leather

I believe all three of those photos are 1 1/4", Stainless and Brass West Ends respectively

Charlie

8. ny3pcg

ny3pcg Well-Known Member

Would the west end belt in 1 1/4 be ok for jeans and a tucked in button down shirt or is 1 1/4 too narrow to wear with jeans? I like the 35mm width of the Aspley better, but would the aspley buckle be too dressy for jeans?

9. Equus Leather

Hello the new StyleForum! Not sure I like the fonts yet!

Quick discount code for you guys - April15 will get you 15% of anything in your cart. Enjoy!

Im without good internet access for a couple of weeks so forgive a slower than usual response if you message me directly. The guys and gals in the workshop and office are there to help you as ever though

Charlie

patrick_b likes this.
  10. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I've worn my Equus belts with denim before in 1.25" I think it looks fine if you are on the dressier side.

11. Equus Leather

I think the Aspley will work in 35mm for jeans for a smarter look. If you do want to go for a chunkier look the Brass West End is available in 1 3/8" / 35mm as well. Great compromise IMO

Charlie

12. Wowee Zowee

Wowee Zowee Active Member

I've made use of the April discount, thanks Equus.

All this talk of widths... I've ordered the London Dee in 1 1/8" based on an old thread I dug up where you said that buckle looks especially elegant in that size. Do you still have that opinion with time passed and how ever many have gone across your work bench?

13. Equus Leather

Yes, I think so. The 1 1/4" is nice to, but the 1 1/8 is the nicer buckle. It depends what width strap you want though of course!