• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Cuebert

Reaction score
Hey Charlie,

Any update on the new rose gold finishing? Can't await to see some pictures!

B-Rogue

Reaction score
I'm looking to place an order for the Laced Bridle in Australian Nut with polished West End Roller buckle. However can't seem to make my mind up about the colour of the linen thread. Yellow or red seem to be the two best colours to create some contrast however I'm not sure if they would be a bit too bright? What colour would you advise?

Update: I could also use the option of lin cable instead and two colours that pop out are the orange and the royal blueWhilst the orange choice would go fine with the brass coloured buckles I think I would need a silver coloured buckle. Is this an option? If so is there a link on your website that lists all the available buckle choices?

Sorry for the endless questions.

Last edited:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Not quite ready for prime time yet but we're working on it :)

Next test buckle will be in progress shortly so photos soon!

I'm looking to place an order for the Laced Bridle in Australian Nut with polished West End Roller buckle. However can't seem to make my mind up about the colour of the linen thread. Yellow or red seem to be the two best colours to create some contrast however I'm not sure if they would be a bit too bright? What colour would you advise?

Update: I could also use the option of lin cable instead and two colours that pop out are the orange and the royal blueWhilst the orange choice would go fine with the brass coloured buckles I think I would need a silver coloured buckle. Is this an option? If so is there a link on your website that lists all the available buckle choices?

Sorry for the endless questions.

Not at all, sorry for the belated reply!

I think all those thread choices would probably work well. Yellow is a classic, orange also goes very well with Aus Nut. Red and Blue will be fine, less my own taste though. Ecru is also a classic and very good contrast thread.

We dont have a page that lists all the buckles, but we have stainless steel West End Rollers, also Palladium finishing as an option with most buckles. Maybe drop me a PM and we can get the spec just right for you.

Charlie

My View2

Reaction score
Hi Charlie,

I am thinking of ordering some belts from you.

I need advice of the colour in your selection which most closely matches:

1) the "Edwardian" colour of Edward Green shoes

2) the "Dark Oak/Dark Oak Antique" colour of Edward Green shoes

Thank you

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi Charlie,

I am thinking of ordering some belts from you.

I need advice of the colour in your selection which most closely matches:

1) the "Edwardian" colour of Edward Green shoes

2) the "Dark Oak/Dark Oak Antique" colour of Edward Green shoes

Thank you

Hi!

It depends what type of leather you were looking at for the belts. In Bridle Id say the Hazel is the closest match to the Edwardian and maybe the Australian Nut for the Dark Oak? Its difficult to judge having not seen the shoes first hand, how about we send you some samples to check against the shoes? We also have various shades of Rusticalf still that may be good matches

Drop me your address by PM or email and we'll send over some samples

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We've been having fun making watch straps over the last couple of days! Quick photo

These are a combination of Ostrich Leg, Sedgwick Bridle leather and Bakers Bridle leather, fun to go from the bright to the traditional! The watch straps are here

Charlie

B-Rogue

Reaction score
Next test buckle will be in progress shortly so photos soon!
Not at all, sorry for the belated reply!

I think all those thread choices would probably work well. Yellow is a classic, orange also goes very well with Aus Nut. Red and Blue will be fine, less my own taste though. Ecru is also a classic and very good contrast thread.

We dont have a page that lists all the buckles, but we have stainless steel West End Rollers, also Palladium finishing as an option with most buckles. Maybe drop me a PM and we can get the spec just right for you.

Charlie

Thank you Charlie. I went ahead with the Aus Nut and Orange lin thread. I will use the Royal Blue in my next purchase to combine it with one of the leathers on the yellow spectrum. That combination looks stunning.

Any news on the Malcolm Appleby buckles?

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We've been having fun making watch straps over the last couple of days! Quick photo

These are a combination of Ostrich Leg, Sedgwick Bridle leather and Bakers Bridle leather, fun to go from the bright to the traditional! The watch straps are here

Charlie

I think that screaming red one might be mine. Can't wait!

The blue strap with the orange (or yellow?) thread is fantastic. If the owner to be is on SF and is reading this, love to know what watch that's being paired with.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thank you Charlie. I went ahead with the Aus Nut and Orange lin thread. I will use the Royal Blue in my next purchase to combine it with one of the leathers on the yellow spectrum. That combination looks stunning.

Any news on the Malcolm Appleby buckles?

Great, many thanks! In collaberation with Malcolm we're redesigning the back of the buckles to work with our strap systems, should be done shortly. Watch this space!

I think that screaming red one might be mine. Can't wait!

The blue strap with the orange (or yellow?) thread is fantastic. If the owner to be is on SF and is reading this, love to know what watch that's being paired with.

The blue is with yellow lin cable - nice bright combo that contrast well. We'e doing more and more with the ostrich leg, it works well either bright or more conservative. I'll post photos of the straps on watches if we get any :)

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All,

The first of the videos we've been working on for the last little while is nearly ready for release, we're planning for it to be live at midday our time this Sunday. I'll obviously let everyone have the URL when its finalised nearer the time :)

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Few recent photos for people

Somthing rather nice has just arrived from South Africa..

Sedgwick Bridle Leather Watch strap in London Tan with Natural Lin Cable Hand stitching

Tapered Hydrangea Blue Ostrich Leg watch strap with Yellow Lin Cable hand stitching and custom Panerai style keeper. Ostrich is amazingly versatile, the legs are a very differnet material than the body leather, much more reptilian.

Finally the lovely Bakers oak bark tanned Oak Brown Bridle Leather watch strap with Ecru Lin Cable - always a great pairing..

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi All,

We've just launched our video showing how our watch straps are made, its live on our Vimeo account right now. Its really a short essay in our love for craft and our materials and a brief insight into how we work and our workshop.

[VIDEO]https://vimeo.com/equusleather/watchstrap[/VIDEO]

Charlie

Edited to correct URL..

Stunningly beautiful video. Clearly a pro behind the camera. Nicely done, makes me appreciate my handcrafted Equus belts even more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads