• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equivalent of F380 in Studio D'Artisan, Sugarcanes or Samurai ?

dandytony

Reaction score
I need your help. I am looking for the equivalent of the Flathead F380 in either Studio D'Artisan or Samurai, Sugarcane or even Somet Denim(i.e. between straight and slim). I have started reading about SDA in Superfture but so confused...
I like the Samurais but from the BiG web site, I am confused...Help??
I was thinking about SD 103 or 1002. Which one?
Are there any Sugarcanes that would fit my category? I know about SC009 but not too crazy about the plain jane look. Is there a difference between SC009 and 1966 ?

FYI, I am a true 31 waist, 165 lbs, 5'9. I wear size 29 KMW 1950, size 31 in IH634S, size 31 in F380.
Thanks very much for your help guys.

choptreesv

Reaction score
I dont have either, but if i had to guess id say start with.... SDA 103 Samurai 0500 Dont know anything about SC's. Somets have a very low rise, prob about 1.5 to 2in less than your other pairs. The top block on Somets will fit differnetly than your current pairs. you might want to check out this "i have a jean thread" http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=55144

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads