1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Equinox Fees

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by SoCal2NYC, Mar 23, 2008.

1. yahtzee

yahtzee Member

2. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I've been a 24hour Fitness member for about 16 years (back when it was Family Fitness). It is certainly convenient in California where you can find gyms within 5 miles of each other. Obviously some locations are better than others, but overall, it is a decent gym. I would never shower there and all the gyms I've been to have a wretched body odor smell and is quite humid during peak hours. That alone has made me consider Equinox, but I'm too cheap to pay $130 to workout on a equipment I can pay $15 a month for, the stench and humidity nowithstanding.

3. juuceman

juuceman Senior member

Amex Platinum rate for one club is $136/month. They give you a few amenities (personal training sessions basically) over and above the standard massage and pilates package everyone gets when joining.

4. yahtzee

yahtzee Member

Amex Platinum rate for one club is $136/month. They give you a few amenities (personal training sessions basically) over and above the standard massage and pilates package everyone gets when joining.

That rate is WEAK. I think a regular member is quoted $140/month.

5. Rookje

Rookje Well-Known Member

What's the appeal? Why not just use 24hr or LA Fitness?

I guess if you have that kind of money, and go constantly.

Personally, I use my office gym for free [​IMG] Works pretty well, but I wish they had a dip machine, and preacher machine.

6. juuceman

juuceman Senior member

The Amex rate worked out better for me, as I intended to purchase personal training sessions from them and the overall cost worked out in my advantage rather than signing up through a professional association that I'm a member of and which offers a discounted rate where you pay up front for one year, paying between $1,300 and $1,900 depending on which club(s) you want access to.

I am lazy and won't use the gym if it's not extremely convenient for me. The Equinox location that I use is a block and a half from my apartment.

7. bobdobalina

bobdobalina Senior member

I'm thinking about joining a gym that's closer to home/work, and NYSC seems like the worst of both worlds (only one squat rack but it's still filthy and smells disgusting). Any updates to this thread stating how much they're getting for an Equinox membership these days?

8. Empath

Empath New Member

hi there, how did you manage a $60 monthly at equinox? how much was your initial deposit?

9. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I have a membership for a health club at the local Hilton. No one ever goes since it's a hotel and they don't advertise. It's very clean and always around 68-70F. The locker room is carpeted(but kept very clean), has no smell, and has a steam room.

I don't know how common this is, but I think a lot of hotels would want to provide guests with a gym, but avoid the 5pm rush of people getting off work.

10. Edward L

Edward L New Member

hi there...how did you manage that rate? details please!!! ::)

11. rubyG

rubyG New Member

Yes but at 24he Fitness you can't take: Yoga, Hot Yoga, Spinning, Kickboxing, circuit training, Barre, pilates, or fun classes like AB Blaster, or Best Butt ever etc. I do not get my nails or any type of spa treatment. But for the basic, all access pass it is completely worth it. It is like having "Class Pass" situation without going to different locations. For me, my favorite type of exercise is Bikram Yoga, they don't have it, however, power hot yoga does the trick. It is also nice to have such nice locker room amenities, especially the steam room and chilled eucalyptus towels!

12. rubyG

rubyG New Member

Yes but at 24he Fitness you can't take: Yoga, Hot Yoga, Spinning, Kickboxing, circuit training, Barre, pilates, or fun classes like AB Blaster, or Best Butt ever etc. I do not get my nails or any type of spa treatment. But for the basic, all access pass it is completely worth it. It is like having "Class Pass" situation without going to different locations. For me, my favorite type of exercise is Bikram Yoga, they don't have it, however, power hot yoga does the trick. It is also nice to have such nice locker room amenities, especially the steam room and chilled eucalyptus towels!

13. rubyG

rubyG New Member

14. rubyG

rubyG New Member

If your that lazy how will you get to the gym most days?