• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
i'd hem or do a little cuff for a cleaner fit below the knee

Agreed. I am just waiting to make sure I know where to put it.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
Agreed. I am just waiting to make sure I know where to put it.

*That's what she said*

Agreed. Good fit, but a tad long.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bet if you just cuffed up a little bit to take it off your shoes so much itd make a much cleaner fit down there by your ankle.

ive just got my jeans cuffed up a little, like this:

4194676648_b2764d34bd_o.jpg

but you can see in this photo it keeps the leg from bunching cause it isnt being held up so much by the hem or that extra little bit of denim. without the little cuff these fit a lot like yours do by my ankle

4123552871_60ab044e8c_o.jpg

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Connor are you actually George Michael from arrested development?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
lol broke down and got the streaky
Originally Posted by samsterdam
Just ordered the indigo. Genuinely excited for these.

Thank you guys!

Originally Posted by b-ill
Damn, no more 31s
frown.gif

No worries, we're restocking shortly. Should be back in all sizes - at least in Indigo - by the end of next week. I'll post a notice when the website inventory is refreshed. If you want to reserve a 31, just drop me a line.

Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
I am 6'2"

Fit looks great on you. Like others suggested, I'd cuff them for a better drape below the knee. If you want to get them hemmed, be sure to rinse or wash them first - they'll shrink about an inch in the length. You might like the post-wash length enough not to hem them.

And, I'm heading to LA next week to work on the next batch of EP's jeans. We'll release the Smith in one or two new indigo denims in about 4-6 weeks. And we're working on a new fit called the "Hoyt." It's going to have more room in the thighs and a slightly longer rise. We're going to work like hell to make the best fitting jean that guys with larger thighs have ever worn. It will be based on our "Rudy" trouser fit. Got some other shirting and trouser goodies in the pipeline too.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

EP's by epaulet post soak.

some people wanted to see them so here.

will take better ones later..

was on/off raining storming like a muthafucka.

for the record i don't wear them cuffed just wanted to show the selvedge/\\

line.theory

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
And, I'm heading to LA next week to work on the next batch of EP's jeans. We'll release the Smith in one or two new indigo denims in about 4-6 weeks... Got some other shirting and trouser goodies in the pipeline too.

I was wondering about the new versions of the indigo Smiths - will either have contrast stitching? I realise that having tone-on-tone stitching on the first batch was a point of difference with much of the market, but I ask because the lack of contrast-stitching was one of the things keeping me from buying first time around.

Excited to see what happens with the new shirting, too.

hbornste

Reaction score
Originally Posted by line.theory
I was wondering about the new versions of the indigo Smiths - will either have contrast stitching? I realise that having tone-on-tone stitching on the first batch was a point of difference with much of the market, but I ask because the lack of contrast-stitching was one of the things keeping me from buying first time around.

Excited to see what happens with the new shirting, too.

+1

ivan k

Reaction score
^^ New ones will have a contrast stitching model, is what I've heard.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
will take better ones later.. was on/off raining storming like a muthafucka. for the record i don't wear them cuffed just wanted to show the selvedge/\\
Great pics - thanks for posting them!
Originally Posted by line.theory
I was wondering about the new versions of the indigo Smiths - will either have contrast stitching? I realise that having tone-on-tone stitching on the first batch was a point of difference with much of the market, but I ask because the lack of contrast-stitching was one of the things keeping me from buying first time around. Excited to see what happens with the new shirting, too.
Hey everyone, I hear ya, and we really appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to say that we are confirmed for a contrast-stitched Smith on the next batch! We're also going to move the Smith sizing up one number so that it fits TTS. I realize that it's a little ridiculous to tell everyone to size down one when it's your own in-house product. I'm going to find the perfect golden tan for the stitching. One note though - if the no contrast stitch isn't a dealbreaker, then definitely consider getting one of the indigo's that we have now. We're down to the last 20 or so units, and that deadstock Cone Mills is pretty amazing denim. And I'm thinking of doing the new Hoyt fit in a contrast-stitched Indigo and a tone-on-tone Kurabo black. What do you guys think of that?

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
ill try to get a better pic, but im really happy with these.
The bag is a nice touch.
Good work !
picture11y.png

that's a really good fit

asnradeon8

Reaction score
Hopefully you get some more size 29 indigos on your next restock. Pmed for a reservation just in case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads