• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

70gransport

Reaction score
Cicero,

Yes, these are definatly tapered, though I'm no clothing expert so I can't say if they would be considered mild or extreme. But tapered they are. I'll get pics up in the next week or so
bigstar[1].gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Hope that you had a great holiday, and thanks to everyone who's ordered. We've sold about 70 pairs of these in-store and online, and we've now got a clear handle on sizing. Given our experience, I recommend that you size down one inch from your true size. And if you usually wear a 36, then the 34 should work for you. When we launched the jeans we had about a week of selling experience, and about half of our customers had sized down one. Now we see that the majority of customers do.

Regarding the fit, we've sold these well to guys with a range of physiques. I've had very slim guys buy them, and it's a great, flattering fit on them. Not punk-rock skinny, but still very well cut and comfortable in the waist and thighs.

If your legs are thin to moderately muscular (even for cyclists & athletes), then you should be good to go. I haven't had an in-store customer with thighs too big for this cut yet. If you've got really muscular legs or you prefer a more relaxed fit, then carefully check the measurements. But if you comfortably fit into most of the cuts discussed here (APC NS, KMW Rocker & 1980, many Japns repro's), then these should work for you. Just size down one inch from your true jean/trouser size. And of course, feel free to PM or e-mail me anytime with questions.

Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
Mike,
Did you get a knee measurement on the jeans? In size 28 and 30?

Yup, here's the full range of knee measurements:

Size 28: 8.25"
Size 29: 8.35"
Size 30: 8.45"
Size 31: 8.6"
Size 32: 8.8"
Size 33: 9"
Size 34: 9.25"
Size 36: 9.6"

cicero79

Reaction score
Sounds great Mike! I'll be putting in my order for blacks soon then. Should I pay you like I did for the burg shirt or is it easier for you online?

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if i werent so dead set on my next pair of jeans being of a select few, id pick some of these up just to support your store. youve really got the online interaction thing down unlike some store owners

i might buy a pair for my dad

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cicero79
Sounds great Mike! I'll be putting in my order for blacks soon then. Should I pay you like I did for the burg shirt or is it easier for you online?

Thanks Hai! You can order them either way that works for you. Just drop me an e-mail or PM if you use paypal, sometimes I don't get a confirmation for it.

Originally Posted by connor
if i werent so dead set on my next pair of jeans being of a select few, id pick some of these up just to support your store. youve really got the online interaction thing down unlike some store owners

i might buy a pair for my dad

Thank you sir. We're working on some new styles right now - and a lot of new Epaulet trousers. We'll find something for your lower half soon.

cicero79

Reaction score
Just put in the order for these. Please let me know when you get the notification Mike. Do you think i'd get these before New Years?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cicero79
Just put in the order for these. Please let me know when you get the notification Mike. Do you think i'd get these before New Years?

Thank you sir. Shipped 'em out this morning. Priority Mail sometimes gets to the Wesside in 2 days, so there's a chance.

Originally Posted by srivats
The website is wicked cool:

http://epsdenim.com/

Thanks again! The website was wonderfully designed by Style Forum user thenanyu. He's the only co-worker that I've ever known who can equally resist the need to sleep. He did an ass-kicking job, and we celebrated big time with whiskey flights after it launched.

Originally Posted by 1969
Got my denim last week. They are 100% what I was looking for. You've nailed the minimalism of APC NS without copying them. The hardware is quality, the denim strikes the right balance between repro and refined, and the cut is damn close to the NS. Superb.

Thanks - glad that you dig them! If you get a chance to post some fit pics, we'd love to check them out.

ivan k

Reaction score
Really like these jeans. Got streaky first in a 33, but ended up needing to size down to a 32 and also I decided I needed some blacks, so here they are.

I messed up the roll a little in my haste, but am going to get them hemmed anyway.

81250157.jpg
epside.jpg

I'd definitely recommend picking these up - super high quality and very comfortable.

cicero79

Reaction score
I will second Ivan's review of the black denim. Beautiful cut, and made in the proportions where you can actually get some work done. Highly reccomend these to anybody w/ a slim to slim-athletic build.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads