• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Is it weird that I want the **** beaten out of me by Jim?

He's a lover, not a fighter. But you'll surely be "knocked out" by his photos:
bigstar[1].gif

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimherrington/

Originally Posted by bows1
Makes me want a Cravat

I got about 10 e-mails about the silk scarf. I had no idea that there was so much interest in them. They are awesome! We've got 'em, I'll try to get them online soon.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, his photography is great...

Really interesting people. I bet those people in his photos can tell some damn good stories.

ysb

Reaction score
I apologize for being slightly confused about your recommendation for sizing. I wear a 32 APC NS which is a 34 real waist size. Should I go with the EP's in 34 or 33, because on the measurement charts you have the 33 having a real waist of 34. Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysb
I apologize for being slightly confused about your recommendation for sizing. I wear a 32 APC NS which is a 34 real waist size. Should I go with the EP's in 34 or 33, because on the measurement charts you have the 33 having a real waist of 34. Thanks!

No worries, I'd recommend the EP's in 33. Many people size down 2 in APC's to account for stretch. If you're comfortable with a physical measurment of 34," then the 33 in our jeans should work. Like any denim, they'll stretch a bit with wear, but much less than APC's.

cicero79

Reaction score
Hey Mike, how do these fit in relation to my KMW Rockers? I like a little room in the thighs to avoid moose knuckle, but the taper at the bottom always looks better when thinking about how they work with a multitude of footwear.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cicero79
Hey Mike, how do these fit in relation to my KMW Rockers? I like a little room in the thighs to avoid moose knuckle, but the taper at the bottom always looks better when thinking about how they work with a multitude of footwear.

I believe that the rocker has a skinnier fit on top than these. The legs and leg opening are definitely slim on these. We've had quite a few thin guys buy them in-store, and they have a very flattering fit. Not punk rock skinny, but very slim and classic. I had a guy walk out of here earlier today with the Indigo EP's and a pair of Alden Unlined snuff suede chukkas. It was magic!

70gransport

Reaction score
HOHOHO. santa decided to come early this year. Just got my indigo EP's today. Currently they are taking a chilly bath, but Mike I think you have a solid winner here.
thumbs-up.gif

PS I love the packaging, nice touch, I'll be ordering a pair in black this spring.

cicero79

Reaction score
Please post fit pics and a short review please. Much obliged mate

70gransport

Reaction score
Would love to post fit pics, but I need a camera first. However I can say they are a straight fit pair of jeans, I think (mind you they need a hem job) off the top of my head they will fit similar to my KMW 1980's (sized down 1 from tts). While with the EP's I went TTS and they are comfortable however with this forum, I can see people on here sizing down one. But again I'll have a better assessment and some pics after they are hemmed.
happy.gif
Oh yeah Cicero to add to the review not sure if it helps but (and Mike can chime in here) I think the indigo denim was used by the LVC line from a few years back, so pretty cool if so. The denim has a nice feel to it with deep pockets not small like APC's pockets are. As has been mentioned they are a streamlined pair of jeans so you don't have for example EP stamped on the rivets or buttons, however for the price I think these are a really cool and am personally excited to see how these will wear with time!

cicero79

Reaction score
Sounds good, thanks 70! I've had mixed experiences w/ 1980's. I had the context x kmw in 32 before and those buggers were actually much tighther than my 32 Rockers. On account of my cycling legs and lack of cycling over the last few months I found the Rocker to be the best cut for me for the long haul.

Though for both 1980 and Rocker I found the hem opening and lengths to be just fine as I like to cuff. I look forward to the pics, ideally I might have to wait till i'm in the New York area to try them on myself then, that would truly be a buzzkill.

What concerns me most is the rise and leg proportions. Medium rise is the way to go when tucking in and for mobility for me. and a nice slim-straight or mildly tapered really complements the person when done right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads