EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Is it weird that I want the shit beaten out of me by Jim?

He's a lover, not a fighter. But you'll surely be "knocked out" by his photos: [​IMG]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimherrington/

Makes me want a Cravat

I got about 10 e-mails about the silk scarf. I had no idea that there was so much interest in them. They are awesome! We've got 'em, I'll try to get them online soon.

2. Dentata

Dentata Senior member

3. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Wow, his photography is great...

Really interesting people. I bet those people in his photos can tell some damn good stories.

4. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Do you ship to India ?

5. Epaulet

Do you ship to India ?

Not usually, but we would for a SF member. Drop me a PM with your address and I can check the shipping rates for you.

6. Epaulet

Thanks to everyone who ordered so far! If you guys want to post fit pics, we'd love to check them out.

7. ysb

ysb Senior member

I apologize for being slightly confused about your recommendation for sizing. I wear a 32 APC NS which is a 34 real waist size. Should I go with the EP's in 34 or 33, because on the measurement charts you have the 33 having a real waist of 34. Thanks!

8. Epaulet

I apologize for being slightly confused about your recommendation for sizing. I wear a 32 APC NS which is a 34 real waist size. Should I go with the EP's in 34 or 33, because on the measurement charts you have the 33 having a real waist of 34. Thanks!

No worries, I'd recommend the EP's in 33. Many people size down 2 in APC's to account for stretch. If you're comfortable with a physical measurment of 34," then the 33 in our jeans should work. Like any denim, they'll stretch a bit with wear, but much less than APC's.

9. cicero79

cicero79 Senior member

Hey Mike, how do these fit in relation to my KMW Rockers? I like a little room in the thighs to avoid moose knuckle, but the taper at the bottom always looks better when thinking about how they work with a multitude of footwear.

10. Epaulet

Hey Mike, how do these fit in relation to my KMW Rockers? I like a little room in the thighs to avoid moose knuckle, but the taper at the bottom always looks better when thinking about how they work with a multitude of footwear.

I believe that the rocker has a skinnier fit on top than these. The legs and leg opening are definitely slim on these. We've had quite a few thin guys buy them in-store, and they have a very flattering fit. Not punk rock skinny, but very slim and classic. I had a guy walk out of here earlier today with the Indigo EP's and a pair of Alden Unlined snuff suede chukkas. It was magic!

11. 70gransport

70gransport Well-Known Member

HOHOHO. santa decided to come early this year. Just got my indigo EP's today. Currently they are taking a chilly bath, but Mike I think you have a solid winner here. [​IMG]

PS I love the packaging, nice touch, I'll be ordering a pair in black this spring.

12. cicero79

cicero79 Senior member

Please post fit pics and a short review please. Much obliged mate

13. 70gransport

70gransport Well-Known Member

Would love to post fit pics, but I need a camera first. However I can say they are a straight fit pair of jeans, I think (mind you they need a hem job) off the top of my head they will fit similar to my KMW 1980's (sized down 1 from tts). While with the EP's I went TTS and they are comfortable however with this forum, I can see people on here sizing down one. But again I'll have a better assessment and some pics after they are hemmed. [​IMG] Oh yeah Cicero to add to the review not sure if it helps but (and Mike can chime in here) I think the indigo denim was used by the LVC line from a few years back, so pretty cool if so. The denim has a nice feel to it with deep pockets not small like APC's pockets are. As has been mentioned they are a streamlined pair of jeans so you don't have for example EP stamped on the rivets or buttons, however for the price I think these are a really cool and am personally excited to see how these will wear with time!

14. cicero79

cicero79 Senior member

Sounds good, thanks 70! I've had mixed experiences w/ 1980's. I had the context x kmw in 32 before and those buggers were actually much tighther than my 32 Rockers. On account of my cycling legs and lack of cycling over the last few months I found the Rocker to be the best cut for me for the long haul.

Though for both 1980 and Rocker I found the hem opening and lengths to be just fine as I like to cuff. I look forward to the pics, ideally I might have to wait till i'm in the New York area to try them on myself then, that would truly be a buzzkill.

What concerns me most is the rise and leg proportions. Medium rise is the way to go when tucking in and for mobility for me. and a nice slim-straight or mildly tapered really complements the person when done right.

15. theom-

theom- Senior member

Mike,
    Did you get a knee measurement on the jeans? In size 28 and 30?