1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Dec 16, 2009.

1. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

I just ordered a pair of Smiths contrast stitching - still a little torn as to whether I should have gone with these or the deadstock, but the I think the stitching won out.

I'm hoping the waist (32) will be right for me and I'll know right away as I will also want to cold wash & hang them straight away to shrink the inseam (I normally wear a 31ish inseam). I'm just a little apprehensive about guessing the waist and thigh fit stretch/shrink before I wash and void any returns. If they are within a half inch of fitting in the waist and they are good in the thigh I should be ok, right?

2. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

um you should have got your actual size. they are cut tts.. maybe a little bigger than tts.

3. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

um you should have got your actual size. they are cut tts.. maybe a little bigger than tts.

The smallest inseam option is 34" [​IMG]

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I just ordered a pair of Smiths contrast stitching - still a little torn as to whether I should have gone with these or the deadstock, but the I think the stitching won out.

I'm hoping the waist (32) will be right for me and I'll know right away as I will also want to cold wash & hang them straight away to shrink the inseam (I normally wear a 31ish inseam). I'm just a little apprehensive about guessing the waist and thigh fit stretch/shrink before I wash and void any returns. If they are within a half inch of fitting in the waist and they are good in the thigh I should be ok, right?

Thanks for your order! Yes, you can absolutely order the waist true to size. If you typically take a sli 32, then these should be right on. The 34" inseam will look really long, but it's going to shrink to 32.5" after your first wash. Even though that's longer than usual on you, it's probably going to look right on with a tiny bit of stacking at the heel. I don't think that you'll need to get them hemmed.

5. shasta

shasta Senior member

Just want to give Mike a tip of the hat for all the help with getting me set up with my Hoyt's. Mike went out of his way to let me try several sizes and inseams out and never steered me wrong. That's the world class Epaulet service that you're going to be rewarded with for working with Mike.

Like you said Mike - Just put some wear into them and they'll stretch right back out - albeit not a ton. I was really nervous that I'd ruined these in the wash with all the shrinkage I got, but the end result is pretty bad ass!

6. sle-z-e

sle-z-e Senior member

One of the better things about these jeans is that there was no pre-manufacturing hype, construction flaws, and internet drama surrounding them (read: FARINELLI'S). Hail Epaulet! Thanks Mike for not swearing at your customers. Little details...

7. Johnny5

Johnny5 Senior member

One of the better things about these jeans is that there was no pre-manufacturing hype, construction flaws, and internet drama surrounding them (read: FARINELLI'S). Hail Epaulet! Thanks Mike for not swearing at your customers. Little details...

Stop being an ass and press on the low point in another individual's career. Uncalled for.

8. sle-z-e

sle-z-e Senior member

Meh. That stuff really gets old and is unprofessional. Mine wasn't exactly a classy statement either but i'm sure most people agree with me.

The point is, Epaulet is legit.

9. thebarsmydestination

thebarsmydestination Senior member

Snuck into the Epaulet store just before closing to try on a pair of Smiths. I would second the notion that the denim is amazing and the the construction super-solid but that would be like throwing firewood at the Hindenburg.

I'm really into a pair. Are you guys ever planning on doing a slimmer fit? I don't have heroin-chic legs but I still find the New Standard and similar styles a little boxy, especially with any kind of break.

Of course, given how awesome it is to find US denim made by a bunch of dudes who run a store down the street from me at that price, I might just grab a pair anyways.

10. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Are you still expecting to get the Hoyts in a 36 long or did I miss the shipment? I noticed you have some Smith's available in them, but the Hoyts are still 35" inseams.

Just bumping this thread to see if there are any plans to get the Hoyts in stock in a 36" inseam. I would love to try a par, but have been holding out for this. [​IMG]

11. madstaxbro

madstaxbro Senior member

Man I wish there were still some 28x34 streaky Smiths in stock.

12. richmaguni

richmaguni Senior member

The construction seems generally good, but one problem I've been having with mine is that the belt loops keep popping open. I've never had this happen with other jeans or pants.

13. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

The construction seems generally good, but one problem I've been having with mine is that the belt loops keep popping open. I've never had this happen with other jeans or pants.

My only construction gripe is that the button holes seem to be fraying very quickly. That and a fair bit of pilling in the denim after the first wash (which is probably really from loose threads).

14. welchey3

welchey3 Active Member

any black smiths coming soon? 29

15. asdf

asdf Senior member

Just bumping this thread to see if there are any plans to get the Hoyts in stock in a 36" inseam. I would love to try a par, but have been holding out for this. [​IMG]

I would like this, or even longer maybe.

16. babump

babump Senior member

Hey, I'm pretty new to this forum and I'm a complete noob regarding higher end denim. I recently purchased a pair of sized 32 Smith straight-slim fit with the 34" inseam, but I normally wear a 32/32 for most of my other jeans while they were on sale. They're the most expensive pair of jeans I've yet to own, but I was wondering what would be the best way to wash it to get it to shrink down to the size that'd fit better. I appreciate the help you guys give here on this forum!

17. drbaw

drbaw Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm pretty new to this forum and I'm a complete noob regarding higher end denim. I recently purchased a pair of sized 32 Smith straight-slim fit with the 34" inseam, but I normally wear a 32/32 for most of my other jeans while they were on sale. They're the most expensive pair of jeans I've yet to own, but I was wondering what would be the best way to wash it to get it to shrink down to the size that'd fit better. I appreciate the help you guys give here on this forum!

Go to a tailor and get them hemmed.

18. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Soak them in any temperature water first, then hem if necessary

19. sdx

sdx Well-Known Member

Any comment on long-term stretching of the kurabo denim? Looking at snagging a pair of the smiths...

20. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

Mike. It looks like I waited to long to get a pair of the Kurabos. Any chance of a pair of 33s laying around the shop, restock?