• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epperson Mountaineering

dixonmanor

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to order directly through these guys, and if so, how. I cannot find ANY contact info for them, and the sleuthing I've done through antiquated channels (like the Yellow Pages! And the Libby, MT. Chamber of Commerce!) has yielded absolutely NOTHING. They have no website, a disconnected number, and the old address I can find is now something else (an art gallery or something).

I know Bodega, Park & Bond, Hickorees, etc, all carry their products, and Meg Co./Monitaly routinely utilizes them as manufacturers, so SOMEONE's gotta know the deal.

Thanks!!

Daan De Greef

Reaction score
Hi there,

Same problem here!
Im searching for hours already!
Did you find anything useful yet?

Thanks!

dixonmanor

Reaction score
I think that this is the case of a new(er) brand, in this case Meg Co., has licensed or bought the name outright of an older brand, Epperson Mountaineering, and is now manufacturing it themselves.

I was initially looking into this because I was looking for a manufacturer to produce an alpine-inspired bag for me, similar to the Climb Pack, but with slightly different specs (different pocketing, different dimensions, etc). I've since found a manufacturer, and I'm now in the design/proto-type phase, and should have a completed product in the next couple of months

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They are owned by Meg Co.

To be quite honest, though I love the styling of their backpacks, I have one, and I really wish they would have reinforced the back, or added a sleeve inside or something. Despite the seemingly high quality, "made in america," and cool vibe, they are pretty uncomfortable to actually use.

dixonmanor

Reaction score
Yeah, that's kind of my problem too... they look great, and that classic Alpine/Climber style pack is my favorite, and I've been using packs like that for a long time. But, no exterior lash points, no padded back panel, and smaller-than-ideal sizes are sort of deal-breakers for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads