• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Styleforum x RTC Alpine Loden Custom Garments

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Alpine Loden Newsletter Leader.jpg

A Modern Take on a Legendary Outdoorsman Fabric
Offered in Partnership with Styleforum and Rochester Tailored Clothing at a Great Price

Hey everyone!

As a Styleforum affiliate for over 15 years, I'm super excited to introduce this new collaborative project. We're working with Rochester Tailored Clothing (based out of the original Hickey Freeman factory in New York) to offer a beautiful range of custom clothing in our exclusive "Alpine Loden" wool blend.

We're collecting orders now for delivery between end-August and mid-September. We've discounted the MSRP by 15% and your brand new garments will arrive before the start of Fall. Orders will be open until the first week of July.

For centuries, Loden wool has been woven in Tirol - the mountainous region between Italy and Austria. This rugged cloth is often considered to be one of the first performance fabrics, as its finishing process made it uniquely resistant against cold and wetness.

For this project, we've sourced an exceptional and modern iteration of this storied fabric. Its standout features include:

1) Woven in Italy in an 18oz blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon.

2) Compared to traditional Loden, Alpine Loden is lighter, more durable, and more wind resistant. It protects against light moisture from drizzling or snow.

3) It's very comfortable. Traditional Loden is quite coarse, and many wool-nylon blends are rigid. Alpine Loden has a nice hand and a wonderful drape.

We're offering Sportcoats, Suits, Trousers, Overcoats, Chore Coats, Teba Jackets, and Field Jackets. We can make any size and any length. Your garments will be made expressly for you.

There's a lot to talk about, so let me start with the direct links to each item....

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We'll also be giving a custom title to the first half dozen people getting in on this project. Something like "Alpinist", though I personally like "Real heavy" after old gangster movies.
Haha, this really needs to be highlighted. A custom styleforum title is priceless!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Focusing on individual Alpine Loden items... I'm really thrilled with how our Teba jacket made up in this fabric.

You can check it out on our site here

If you're not familiar with it.. the Teba is a classic Spanish hunting jacket. The traditional design is quite boxy, and we modified the fit for a more tailored and athletic silhouette. I can't say if our jacket is the first American-made Teba, but it's definitely the only present American-made Teba, and one of the only made-to-order Teba jackets in the world.

For the sample, I used a "vicuna" colored suede (just the color, not actual vicuna) for elbow patches and an undercollar accent. I love how these two materials jibed together:

Loden Teba Main.jpg
Loden Teba Fit Collar Open Seated.jpg
Loden Teba Fit Undercollar.jpg
Loden Teba Fit Collar Up.jpg
Loden Teba Fit Rear.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads