• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote to do the Austerity Brogue Boot as a Balmoral and wait for an Early Spring delivery. Better to wait and truly get something special.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's a big update from my side:
1. The Inca Last Caramel Medallion Wholecut is up for preorder now:

Special Order Caramel Calf Medallion Wholecut DEPOSIT
As always, please feel free to hit me off with any size questions. The Inca last is a very easy fit - it's the best-seller of our entire collection.
2. Chocolate Suede / Chocolate Calf Rain Last Jophur is also up:

Special Order Chocolate Suede / Calf Jodphur Boot DEPOSIT
3. Ruby Shell Perf Captoe: We're all good to go with this. I'm just waiting on an exact count of how many shoes we can offer - there's been a lot of interest in it, and I don't want to oversell the preorder if I can avoid it. I'm looking to put this up on Tuesday.
Please note, these three lasts (Inca, Rain, Alcudia) are unfortunately not available in wide fittings, but we may be able to make them in a larger or smaller size than what's listed in the dropdown. I'll be happy to ask if anyone's interested.
In terms of the Balmoral Austerity Brogue boot....

That shape is insane! I absolutely love it!
I spoke with Carmina, and they don't have anything like that in their lineup at the moment. But it is possible for us to commission it, as we did the Sinclair/Steinbeck. Realistically, there's not time enough to do that this year. So we'd have two options for going forward:
FIRST - I'll be happy to work out that design with Carmina and look into an early Spring MTO. With sampling, we could probably look for a delivery in Feb-March of next year. Still plenty of season for boot wearing. Perhaps we do it in a calfskin or suede for maximum Spring wearability.
SECOND - If you guys are open to doing a blucher Austerity rather than a balmoral, we could probably swing that this year. We'd essentially use the Sinclair shape and just remove all of the perforations from it.
Whatcha think?
Mike,
I saw the pictures of the Ruby loafer you posted before, but couldn't get a good feel on whether the color would be formal enough to wear with a navy or grey suit? Or would you say this is something that is more casually geared. Just trying to get a better sense of the color(because lighting can change perception so much)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Considering the whole cut and wondering about sizing. 10UK Inca was too small for me all around. 10.5UK Forest is a little too narrow. 11UK Forest is comfortable in the width, but longer than necessary. Therefore, ordered a balmoral boot in Forest 10.5UK wide, but won't be able to see how that fits before making a decision on the Inca whole cut.

Taking into consideration that Inca comes in only the standard width, my feel is that I should go for 11UK to get the width even if the length isn't ideal. I bet 10.5UK is going to be tight.

Does this sound right?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of the Caramel whole cut? Trying to get an idea of whether Caramel is a darker or lighter shade of brown?

JCPhoto

Reaction score

Anyone have a pic of the Caramel whole cut? Trying to get an idea of whether Caramel is a darker or lighter shade of brown?

Try the googles?
They're not the wholecut but here's some pictures of Carmina's Caramel

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Try the googles?
They're not the wholecut but here's some pictures of Carmina's Caramel

Thanks...no idea why I was asking that question but it was terribly important at the time!! Trying to decide if I want caramel or tan.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After thinking about it for a couple of days, doing the austerity brogue boot would be better as a bal and, therefore, worth waiting for, even if it means not having it for this winter. :slayer:

Last edited:

JCPhoto

Reaction score

After thinking about it for a couple of days, doing the austerity brogue boot would be better as a bal and, therefore, worth waiting for, even if it means not having it for this winter. :slayer:

Yeah I think most of us agree, we'll wait for spring on those to get exactly what we want.

ElDave

Reaction score

Yeah I think most of us agree, we'll wait for spring on those to get exactly what we want.
I agree

Absolutely. I could order a dozen different blucher boots and have them here by the weekend. And while I love my blucher boots, the idea of an MTO (to me...) is to get something special, somewhat unavailable, etc.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ no need to fret gents, you can get exactly what you want from Saint Crispins for a cool $1600

:rolleyes:

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If your talking about a boot similar to the pic...I would rather wait till Spring too!

What so different about the Caramel wholecut that we have to do a MTO...the medallion?

JCPhoto

Reaction score

^ no need to fret gents, you can get exactly what you want from Saint Crispins for a cool $1600
:rolleyes:

LOL Touché good sir!

Although that would end up being twice as expensive and take all the fun out of doing an MTO project!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads