• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

runningfrog

Reaction score

I'll also get a swatch for the infamous Navy python captoe bal project :slayer:

mike - any update on the navy python swatch? what last were you thinking for this project? i was hoping for robert as i prefer that last over the forest. rain might work as well as i've heard rain is slightly slimmer than robert. hopefully the cognac pythons come in with the next carmina shipment. :D

Last edited:

runningfrog

Reaction score

The fitting of the Alcudia is pretty similar to the Forest (although it cannot be ordered in wides), but it's closer to the Rain last, but with a rounded toe rather than a chiseled one. Kind of like the Forest and the Rain had a child.

mike - how does the alcudia last fit compared to the robert? i found the forest last to be a bit wider than the robert. if alcudia is closer to rain, would that make it slimmer than forest?

pikachoo

Reaction score
Mike, some questions regarding the midnight Steinbeck wingtips; what color will the edge trim be? did you specify brown edge trim like the sinclair boot, or a dark color as seen here
500x1000px-LL-98a5e78a_6d9efda4_tumblr_lrysq9ww5C1qad1efo1_1280.jpeg

also, does this picture accurately represent the color of midnight calf leather?

Last edited:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Row two, second from right. Is that the ruby shell punched captoe?

Another option that would be amazing besides the punched captoe for ruby, particularly if we want to be unique and not make a make-up that has been done before, would be the split toe laceup, Row 1, second from right.

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Love the chukka. (top row, second from left). Is that the Simpson lasted chukka on the Carmina site?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's a big update from my side:

1. The Inca Last Caramel Medallion Wholecut is up for preorder now:

Special Order Caramel Calf Medallion Wholecut DEPOSIT

As always, please feel free to hit me off with any size questions. The Inca last is a very easy fit - it's the best-seller of our entire collection.

2. Chocolate Suede / Chocolate Calf Rain Last Jophur is also up:

Special Order Chocolate Suede / Calf Jodphur Boot DEPOSIT

3. Ruby Shell Perf Captoe: We're all good to go with this. I'm just waiting on an exact count of how many shoes we can offer - there's been a lot of interest in it, and I don't want to oversell the preorder if I can avoid it. I'm looking to put this up on Tuesday.

Please note, these three lasts (Inca, Rain, Alcudia) are unfortunately not available in wide fittings, but we may be able to make them in a larger or smaller size than what's listed in the dropdown. I'll be happy to ask if anyone's interested.

In terms of the Balmoral Austerity Brogue boot....

That shape is insane! I absolutely love it!

I spoke with Carmina, and they don't have anything like that in their lineup at the moment. But it is possible for us to commission it, as we did the Sinclair/Steinbeck. Realistically, there's not time enough to do that this year. So we'd have two options for going forward:

FIRST - I'll be happy to work out that design with Carmina and look into an early Spring MTO. With sampling, we could probably look for a delivery in Feb-March of next year. Still plenty of season for boot wearing. Perhaps we do it in a calfskin or suede for maximum Spring wearability.

SECOND - If you guys are open to doing a blucher Austerity rather than a balmoral, we could probably swing that this year. We'd essentially use the Sinclair shape and just remove all of the perforations from it.

Whatcha think?

theinsider

Reaction score

SECOND - If you guys are open to doing a blucher Austerity rather than a balmoral, we could probably swing that this year. We'd essentially use the Sinclair shape and just remove all of the perforations from it.
Whatcha think?

I will take those.:nodding:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads