Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^Does the new spirit of austerity in finance really preclude wearing a pair of red shell/python spectators?:) Kidding of course. But have you had a look at Carmina's web shop? They offer a number of straight forward styles in calf and shell. Of course you may be seeking to influnece EPs stock Carmina program. That would be the place for the most work friendly styles. I think you might even be able to special order a size if it isn't typical or you want to be sure to get ahold of a certain style. Mike can correct me if I'm wrong about this last point. Think it's a matter of letting your needs be known at the right point in the restock cycle.

Seems UnreasonableMan beat me to the Carmina web example. Should learn to be more concise.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. Moocow9

Moocow9 Well-Known Member

Can the Alcudia last be made in a wide fitting?

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Well, the other members are right - most of the "basics" are either covered by the Carmina web shop or the Armoury. I think that this thead is probably best suited to doing really special makeups that you wouldn't ordinarily see outside of a single-pair MTO. By pooling everyone's orders here, we can get a quicker delivery and a much cheaper price on something that would be rare or impossible to find off the rack.

That said, we're currently stocking the Ellison captoe, which is an excellent dress shoe. And we'll soon receive the Austerity Brogue in chocolate calfskin, which might be up your alley. I'm open to doing more styles as well if you have any ideas.

It would be great to do a burgundy shoe actually. We ran our first Chelsea boot in Carmina's burgundy calfskin, and it's radiant.

Unfortunately no, only the Forest last is available in wide.

I shot an email to Carmina to get an exact count of how many Ruby shell pieces we can make. Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow and we can get this rolling on Thursday.

4. diglett

diglett Senior member

Well, I've been meeting and getting phone numbers from plenty of nice, pretty girls at my new school, but it looks like this weekend's activities will be "Pay for Ruby shell deposit," followed by "sit on now-broke butt in dorm."

No regrets. [​IMG]

5. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

6. diglett

diglett Senior member

From Mike's post a few pages back: (the loafer is in Ruby shell)

[​IMG]

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

someone here had asked a question about the thickness of carmina rubber dainite versus the actual Dainite outsole. Carmina has a significantly thinner profile

[​IMG]

8. stingray1381

stingray1381 Senior member

I'm a huge monk fan, so I am pulling for a single buckle monk as an upcoming makeup.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  10. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Namor, what are those black boots... those are nice...

11. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Never mind, my mistake, those are your Navy shell boots.... gorgeous!

12. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Has there been any discussion of a midnight calf double monk on the Rain last?

13. thinman

thinman Senior member

Although I don't own any Carmina shoes (yet) and usually post in MC, I've been lurking on this thread for a long time because I love the ideas being kicked around. I love shell cordovan and, although I've been looking for a cordovan (ruby) austerity brogue for a long time (no one offers one as part of their mainline and IMO, an austerity brogue is the perfect shoe to show off shell cordovan), I'll probably go for the punched captoe.

Just to prime the pump for the next special order, I'm also looking for a snuff suede monkstrap or double monk, an austerity brogue in some shade of cordovan (and ideally shell cordovan), and the right winter boots (with some type of Dainite sole), so I'm going to continue lurking and maybe posting occasionally.

14. UnreasonableMan

UnreasonableMan Well-Known Member

Ummm, how long have you been lurking? There's been a snuff suede double monk (still some stock left on Epaulet's web shop) and several winter boots.. with some sort of dainite sole.

15. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

And a snuff suede austerity brogue.