Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Ruby Punched Captoe on a rounder toed last would be my vote. I like the uniqueness of the shoe, Ep does monks (albeit doubles) and has a few austerity brogues. The Punched Captoe could dress up or down and would SICK in Ruby. I'd be down for that.

2. kidamerica17

kidamerica17 Well-Known Member

Agree completely. This would be an amazing shoe in Ruby.

3. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Ditto...Ruby Punched Captoe on the Alcudia last would be choice.

4. UnreasonableMan

UnreasonableMan Well-Known Member

+1

Edit: that makes 4 thus far.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  5. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Ruby punched captoe on Alcudia last sounds like the best option. Im wondering how it will look with navy trousers...probably awesome!

Wholecut - Caramel sounds nice, definitely down for a medallion. Would also love to see burgundy on this...Carmina's burgundy calf is AWESOME! Would love to see it on the Alcudia last like the one below:

[​IMG]

Also Mike - are we holding off on the black balmoral austerity brouge boot?

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

This is my preference as well.

7. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

Ahh, I see it now. Thanks.

8. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

I'd probably be down with this. Mike, how does the sizing for Alcudia last compare with Forest?

9. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

I'd be down for this too. Also the caramel wholecut on the Inca, medallion or no. I'd rather no medallion, but may like it if I see it mocked up.

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

It was great meeting you too - I was glad that I was at the BK store at the time that you stopped in. And I'm definitely taking your requests to heart, I think it would be great to come up with some dressy new styles to offer via this thread that are special but can still be worn in a relatively conservative setting. Carmina has a lot of capabilities in this area, and this is the perfect venue to make it happen. Welcome again to Brooklyn! If you ever want restaurant/bar/activity recommendations, feel free to call my shops any time - our dudes will be happy to tell you about some spots.

Yes, sorry about that, I did mean the Rain last for the Jodphur boot. Looks like this is the consensus.

OK guys, I think that this one is decided. Ruby Shell Cordovan Punched Captoe Bal on the Alcudia last. This one is going to be completely bonkers! And these shoes will really light up on Navy trousers, grey trousers, chinos. They'll be a very versatile and cool style.

The fitting of the Alcudia is pretty similar to the Forest (although it cannot be ordered in wides), but it's closer to the Rain last, but with a rounded toe rather than a chiseled one. Kind of like the Forest and the Rain had a child.

And in terms of the wholecut, I actually found a photo of the medallion model in Caramel calf:
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking that we should lose that medallion on the heel and just keep it simple with the one on the toe. Medium brown double leather sole. Want to do the Inca last on these? That's the best-selling last that we have in the store, and it's really an excellent fit.

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Gigity.

So stoked for this. Thanks Mike!

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^looks like I may NEED two more pairs of shoes. I have reached such a nadir that I am considering ordering a special cabinet in which to keep them.. A cry for help. Surely.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Too many captoes for me so I'll have to opt out of the ruby red makeup. But I can't wait to see it

14. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Can we just do 1 pair thats acceptable for a finance guy in NYC? Pretty please? (Burgundy, Dark Brown, Black) ( wear w/ Gray, Navy Suits) (Balmoral). Love these makeups and Im interested in both the ruby captoes, and the caramel wholecuts, but I'll only be able to wear those on fridays at work...

15. UnreasonableMan

UnreasonableMan Well-Known Member

Carmina has some stock models that will fit the bill, checkout their site (the one with the collection) or the online store. May be worth the look.