1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Checking in on a few things:

CURRENT IDEAS

We've been tossing around quite a few concepts here, and I'd love to set up some makeups. We can still get delivery right at the end of winter, so it's very boot-friendly. Here's what I see on the plate:

1. Black Scotchgain Balmoral Boot Remake
    2. Cognac Shell Cordovan Balmoral Boot Remake
    3. Black Calf / Black Scotch Wingtip
    4. Burgundy Calf Alt Wien (I love this idea!)

Navy Shell Cordovan's not on the horizon, as they're short on the leather. I'm still waiting for status on the Double Monks that we already ordered, so I'm reticient to do a makeup in that. We're good to go on another 6 units of the Cognac Shell boot -- that's above and beyond the short-shipped units that we need to make for some very patient and accomodating SF members :) --

My next shipment of Carmina will be dispatched in about a week, I'll give you guys a heads-up of what's coming in that once I see the shipping list.

And thanks to everyone who wrote about ordering wides in the Forest last reorder units. I haven't forgotten you! Just playing catch up after the hurricane and nor'easter, and other craziness over here. I think that I'm going to add in one more style. So we'll reorder the following Forest last pieces:

Fitzgerald Chocolate Calf
    Alt Wien Caramel Calf
    Fitzgerald Cognac Shell
    Anderson Jumper Boot Cognac Shell

If you've PM'd me already about getting onto the order, then you're good to go! I'll get at you before we finalize the size breakdown. If you'd like to get onto the order, please drop me a PM in the next few days. I'll post another reminder up before I submit it.

And, I'm hoping that we'll get our sample of the long-awaited Austerity Brogue Balmoral Boot too with that next shipment. Will let you know!

That scotch grain is pretty tough. If I owned that boot, I probably wouldn't worry about a leather protector on it. If you happen to get it really wet, then I'd advise a good conditioner like Renovateur after it fully dries. If you're going to do a lot of walking in snow/sleet/salted roads, then you might want to use a bit of Sno-Seal for the hardcore winter days. But I don't think you need it for normal rainy days or such.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

And as promised, some pretty pictures of the mighty fine Balmoral Boots that you guys put together. Bravo!

Cognac Shell Cordovan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chocolate Calf / Chocolate Suede

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black Scotchgrain

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

black scotchgrain is the winnar

4. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

+1

Anyone whose scotchgrain boots don't fit, holla at your boy! Kicking myself for not getting on this one. If we get a remake, is there another sole we can get for the snow? I have a pair of C&J Northcote with Dainite soles and they are slippery as hell on slush.

5. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Thanks for the info Mike!

Wore my scotch grain boots to work yesterday and surprised how comfortable they were for 12 hours. The Dainite sole worked well on slippery subway platforms and escalators. These boots will get lots of wear this fall and winter. And they're surprisingly sleek...my coworkers thought they were dress shoes, not boots.

6. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

Mine are still in transit. I also wonder what Carmina has for alternative soles that would work better than Dainite for snow. Not sure how the York sole would fair. I wonder if Carmina can do Vibram, Ridgeway or Medway soles? Vibram certainly are the best but detract from the esthetic of a bal boot. Ridgeway/Medway seem to me to be a better compromise.

7. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

YES.

I have the brown calf/brown scotchgrain with Dainite soles from Skoaktiebolaget. Wore them trudging through NYC the past few days through icy wet, and slushy conditions. They were great. I read before that some people had trouble with slipping in Dainite soles, but I had no such problem. Maybe Dainite improved the quality of their soles? Oh and its a treat not having to worry about all the salt on the roads...

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Wait, wait, you forgot number 5: Burgundy shell and tan scotch grain calf Alt Wien. Pretty sure I heard a ton of crickets chirping when I've posted this idea for a makeup. They'll all want one for sure.

9. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I'm ready to order the black scotch grain bal boot right now. I love the calf/suede boots that I have.

10. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

Austerity wingtip bal boot?

11. JCPhoto

JCPhoto Well-Known Member

"We had this made on a Dainite sole. Mr. Albaladejo, the patriarch of the family, did however point out to us “not really Dainite, this better than Dainite”. I hope he don’t mind us calling it a Dainite though."

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Austerity brogue boot? :embar:

13. JCPhoto

JCPhoto Well-Known Member

"My next shipment of Carmina will be dispatched in about a week... And, I'm hoping that we'll get our sample of the long-awaited Austerity Brogue Balmoral Boot too with that next shipment. Will let you know!"

14. stingray1381

stingray1381 Senior member

Any chance for a single strap monk?

15. jimney

jimney Senior member

Burgundy calf Alt Wien could be Baller.

16. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Yeah, I forgot what the sample was like :embar:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  17. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

I know I keep bringing up the dark green shell, never seems to get going...if not a PTB, how about a LWB? Like a galosh kinda shoe that LS just did with Trickers in Navy Shell? That'd be a cool Spring/Late Winter release.

I also think the Jumper in Navy Suede would be SIIICCCKKK, maybe have it with metal eyelets all the way instead of the speedhooks?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  18. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Mike, does that mean that anyone affected by the Cognac Shell boot shortage has been contacted and you've received a response back from them? I'm still not certain if I'm affected by this or not.

BTW, the purple lining on the black scotchgrain boot is a very nice touch.

19. applky

applky Senior member

This. Please. With shiny brass hardware. I think Mike might have had ideas about this previously.

BTW Mike's said before that the extended shaft boots are high enough that not having speed hooks would be a pain. Still, it would look baller.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  20. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

YES YES YES YES