• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

ElDave

Reaction score
Wide-footed people need Carmina MTO love, too :(

mrbrioni

Reaction score
order placed!

I've yet to even see a pair of Carmina's in real life, however I've ordered all 3 boots for preorder!

I can't wait to receive them!

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

What size would I take in the Rain last if I wear a U.S. 10.5 D in Allen Edmonds Park Avenues, Johnston and Murphy, and Cole Haan? Trying to nail down the fit before I place my order. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Brannock size is 9D and own a pair of AE Elgins (same last as Park Ave) in size 8.5D as well as a pair of Carmina in Rain last in size UK8. The Elgin feels bigger on my feet, though it is not loose and I feel it is correctly sized. The Carmina feels pretty much perfect on my feet, and I imagine that's how a bespoke pair of shoes might fit on me (I've never owned actual bespoke shoes though). I have been told by an AE SA that the Elgin fits a little bigger than Park Aves even though they share the same last, so do keep that in mind.

JCPhoto

Reaction score
I can't wait to see what's next after the Jodhpur's.
I'm kicking myself for not browsing SW&D more often, those bal boots are both stunning.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Wide-footed people need Carmina MTO love, too :(

Agreed. I'm thinking that we should do a Forest last makeup in midnight calf that we can offer in wides.

What do you guys think of a really tough Longwing?. Brass eyelets. Storm welt. Natural edge and leather sole, or York Sole with the mid-brown sole. We could do this as a wingtip boot too. I'll have the "Steinbeck" model to show you within a week, which is our chunkier version of the Sinclair.

Outside of wings, we could do a cool perforated captoe boot. Even that immortal "Obscura" shape.

order placed!
I've yet to even see a pair of Carmina's in real life, however I've ordered all 3 boots for preorder!
I can't wait to receive them!

Thank you sir!

What size would I take in the Rain last if I wear a U.S. 10.5 D in Allen Edmonds Park Avenues, Johnston and Murphy, and Cole Haan? Trying to nail down the fit before I place my order. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking a size 9.5UK. I'm not too familiar with Cole Haan's and J&M's, but the Park Avenue is often held up as a standard of "true to size." Most guys would drop a full size from there for the Carmina UK size.

can we get the ball rolling on a wholecut?

Sure. Midnight calf? Want to do a medallion or no?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear a 9.5D US in Cole Haan and Allen Edmonds 2-222 last and an 8.5 UK in Carmina Rain and Inca lasts.

sahbryant

Reaction score

Sure. Midnight calf? Want to do a medallion or no?

can we see if we can get enough takers for a brown as well as navy (preference for brown)? with or without medallion ...

i'm in

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
CARMINA RESTOCKS

Hey guys, we got two crucial double monk strap restocks. This will be the last delivery of these two styles in 2012:

Carmina for Epaulet Salinger Double Monk Snuff Suede: $545

Carmina for Epaulet Salinger Double Monk Saddle Shell Cordovan: $825

thecool85

Reaction score
My Brannock size is 9D and own a pair of AE Elgins (same last as Park Ave) in size 8.5D as well as a pair of Carmina in Rain last in size UK8. The Elgin feels bigger on my feet, though it is not loose and I feel it is correctly sized. The Carmina feels pretty much perfect on my feet, and I imagine that's how a bespoke pair of shoes might fit on me (I've never owned actual bespoke shoes though). I have been told by an AE SA that the Elgin fits a little bigger than Park Aves even though they share the same last, so do keep that in mind.

I'm thinking a size 9.5UK. I'm not too familiar with Cole Haan's and J&M's, but the Park Avenue is often held up as a standard of "true to size." Most guys would drop a full size from there for the Carmina UK size.

I wear a 9.5D US in Cole Haan and Allen Edmonds 2-222 last and an 8.5 UK in Carmina Rain and Inca lasts.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I'm going with 9.5 UK.

diglett

Reaction score
CARMINA RESTOCKS
Hey guys, we got two crucial double monk strap restocks. This will be the last delivery of these two styles in 2012:
Awesome, I've been waiting for the Snuff restock for over a month! Mike (or anyone who owns the double monks in both suede and leather), would you suggest sizing down on the Snuff monks, considering that they'll have slightly more give than any of the calfskin pairs?

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive never owned a pair of dressier boots, but I have been very intrigued by navy shoes for quite some time. With fall/winter coming in NYC soon, these jodphur boots have really caught my attention. My question is this - How would these go with navy or gray suits? I never find myself wearing just trousers and a blazer, its always a full suit for work. Also what are peoples opinion on wearing these with jeans?

Lastly how does Carmina compare in quality to Edward Green?

Thanks!

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of navy shoes. I find:
They are excellent with gray or charcoal pants, burgundy, dark olive green...
They don't work with raw indigo jeans. They work with very washed/faded jeans, and gray denim.
They do not work with navy pants.

EG and Carmina are both machine made shoes featuring channeled leather soles.

diglett

Reaction score
Ive never owned a pair of dressier boots, but I have been very intrigued by navy shoes for quite some time. With fall/winter coming in NYC soon, these jodphur boots have really caught my attention. My question is this - How would these go with navy or gray suits? I never find myself wearing just trousers and a blazer, its always a full suit for work. Also what are peoples opinion on wearing these with jeans?

Lastly how does Carmina compare in quality to Edward Green?

Thanks!
I asked a similar question a few days ago, since I'm unfamiliar with blue dress footwear, and Namor was kind enough to link me to this post on his tumblr: http://yolowastaken.tumblr.com/post/26180542031/what-to-wear-with-navy-colored-shoes

As for the EG comparison, a few folks in the earlier portion of the Carmina shoe Appreciation thread said something to the effect of EG being better in terms of materials used and construction, but that the difference was so small that it didn't justify the double or so price of Carminas for most of the guys there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads