1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

approximately how long was that MTO? Just wondering cause im in on the navy jodhpur and want to know how much longer I have. Obviously its a while but just out of curiosity.

2. diglett

diglett Senior member

My suede/calf order was placed on July 16, which I think was the last (or second-to-last) day that the order was open. So it'll be about 3 months from order to delivery to Mike, then probably a week to get them shipped out to the customers, assuming that everyone promptly ponies up their cash.

3. applky

applky Senior member

^ I think Mike, though, said that Carmina closes for several weeks in August, if not the whole month -- so perhaps that led to increased lead time?

4. diglett

diglett Senior member

Oh yeah, you're right. Hopefully Mike can shed some light on how long of a break that was.

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah if the navy shell austerity and the ruby shell are going for another run im in :nodding:

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The Navy Shell Austerity brogue was actually surprisingly fast. Most likely because they were able to cut them alongside my long-standing order for the Caramel Calf Austerity Brogues that we just receive.d

In general, these MTO projects run about 12-16 weeks. Shell Cordovan can take a bit longer or be subject to delays if Horween is slow with the leather, but about 3-4 months for the product to arrive on your doorstep is pretty reliable.

Yes, Carmina closes for a little over 3 weeks in August, and that definitely slows things down for early Fall deliveries. Next time around, we'll set up Fall styles in May, and we can get delivery before they close for the August holiday.

Awesome! I believe that we should absolutely do that. Ruby Shell is tapped out for the next few months, but I'll check on Navy shell and see what we can do.

The Balmoral Austerity Boot sample is in work right now, so hopefully I'll get a sample in November. That will be a rad piece to make up.

And Matt & I are compiling some new ideas to present to you guys. We'll work to get something going next week. At this point, we're looking at a January-Feb delivery, so if you guys have any ideas for early Spring styles that you'd like to see, please toss 'em out!

7. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

Any interest in a different shell shade for the austerity wingtips like cognac or burgundy? Always wanted a pair of shell austerity brogues, but I just can't picture myself wearing navy shell on a regular basis.

8. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

The navy is more versatile than you may think. I too thought that it would be a shoe with limited wear but the pair of Carmina Navy Shell shoes I have fit with a lot of choices. I've worn them with Navy Blue suits, charcoal gray slacks, dark denim, black slacks (when I did not have to go outside much), and even lighter color tan khakis.

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

How about that Dark Green Shell PTB with brass eyelets (I guess its the Thompson shoe) for Spring? I'd be down for that in a heartbeat.

10. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

11. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Navy shell is one thing, even blue suede I can handle but green? I'll admit that the green shell looks great on the website but I would have trouble wearing it. I may be biased as i'm not a fan of the color green on anything (except cash). I will say that Carmina has opened my world to a whole new range of shell colors. Navy and Ruby are examples. Before Carmina I though shell only came in Black, #8, Ravello, Cigar, and Whiskey.

:D

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

OOO, have you seen the green? Its GORGEOUS. Saw a pretty dressy brogue in the Carmina Pron thread, and I think they gold eyelets would rock that well. The dark green could be even more versatile than any color as it could sub for black or brown...

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I'd argue that navy is the most versatile shoe color.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Carmina navy shell austerity bal boot!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Agree here. I think you'd be surprised how versatile dark green could be. You probably aren't going to wear it your board meeting or a funeral, but I'd argue in most other cases there are going to be plenty of occasions on which to wear it.

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Is there a color pant that a navy shell would by go with? I can't think of one...

17. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Man, you are close to reaching obsession level.

I've seen your (extremely nice and nearly identical) navy shell bal Carmina boots.

I vote for a simple staple not available anywhere: dark brown cap toe or brogue cap toe blucher, forest last. Hell, make it a boot if need be. The wingtip pattern obsession is maddening. I've always dug the plain/cap/brogue cap profile more; I find wingtips busy as hell most of the time.

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

19. Epaulet

Love it! I think that a Loden Shell piece should be in our future.

We can also do it as a Longwing. I have this guy coming in about two weeks. It's the same sole & last as the Thompson.

[​IMG]

No sir, we have not abandoned the idea of a new Python shoe! I actually received some photos of a gorgeous Navy python skin last week. We can set this up as the first Spring makeup. Still into the idea of a captoe bal for the next run?

Oh yes, this is a given, we have to offer it in Navy shell :slayer:

I was also thinking snuff suede and some kind of calfskin - maybe caramel or chocolate? That would be a nice lineup for the launch.

20. Epaulet

And how about an off-white "Milkshake" suede? We did an Indy boot in that last year and it was KILLER. Any wishes for a milkshake shoe from Carmina? Could be a double or single monk with brass hardware. Or a tassel loafer.