• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

0waterbouys

Reaction score
I'm very interested in the midnight calf for a jodhpur boot.....anyone else?
It will fill out the trifecta nicely with the other preorders.

I'm totally on board for a midnight calf jodhpur. I still hope the suede/mixed media idea is in the cards for it as well.

bibs

Reaction score
in as well for the midnight calf jodphur with suede

mrbrioni

Reaction score

I'm totally on board for a midnight calf jodhpur. I still hope the suede/mixed media idea is in the cards for it as well.

in as well for the midnight calf jodphur with suede

How many do we need to get this started?

Let's get this rolling!!

I think they will round out the other two boots well and will be fantastic!

runningfrog

Reaction score
mike - are there plans for a wholecut brogue mto? would love this in cognac, tan, or carmel. i'm also tempted by the cognac shortwings....decisions, decisions :D

diglett

Reaction score
Looks like plenty of folks want that midnight Jodhpur; I guess I'll be waiting for the next one that's MTO. And the Jodhpur was my idea in the first place! Traitors...
cloud.gif

Anyway, is anyone else excited for the snuff double monk restock?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks like plenty of folks want that midnight Jodhpur; I guess I'll be waiting for the next one that's MTO. And the Jodhpur was my idea in the first place! Traitors... :cloud:

what did you have in mind?

0waterbouys

Reaction score
Looks like plenty of folks want that midnight Jodhpur; I guess I'll be waiting for the next one that's MTO. And the Jodhpur was my idea in the first place! Traitors...
cloud.gif

They are restocking the snuff dub monk!!?! I missed out on that shoe last go around and if that's true then it is a must buy
bounce2.gif

diglett

Reaction score
what did you have in mind?
I don't know, I just can't see myself integrating a blue shoe into my wardrobe. Granted, I'm still a newbie, so I'm still trying to pick up slightly more classic/versatile looks. Optimally, I'd pick up a basic brown Jodhpur with a leather sole (unlike the rubber soled pair being sold on Carmina's site), but I can understand why you folks with plenty of "normal" shoes would want something more unique. That being said, it's not a big deal; I'm not actually mad or anything like that
smile.gif

They are restocking the snuff dub monk!!?! I missed out on that shoe last go around and if that's true then it is a must buy
bounce2.gif

Yup! Apparently they were scheduled for last week's restock, but there was a little delay. By the time I had finally decided to pull the trigger on them last time, they were all gone, so I'm right there with you.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not many "normal" shoes have been made through this thread and nor do I think many will be made going forward. This thread is great because it gives us an opportunity to satisfy our exotic cravings and for that we pay a slight premium (wait time and cost). Where else can you find a navy bal boot?

Dig, just about every shoe make offers a wingtip or captoe for a relatively fair price at little to zero wait time. Hurry up and buy those staples and then help us round out the navy jodhpur order :D

Last edited:

mrbrioni

Reaction score

Not many "normal" shoes have been made through this thread and nor do I think many will be made going forward. This thread is great because it gives us an opportunity to satisfy our exotic cravings and for that we pay a slight premium (wait time and cost). Where else can you find a navy bal boot?
Dig, just about every shoe make offers a wingtip or captoe for a relatively fair price at little to zero wait time. Hurry up and buy those staples and then help us round out the navy jodhpur order :D

+1

What type of styling on the jodhpur are we talking?

Dainite soles? Rubber?

I'd love to get this rolling....

mrbrioni

Reaction score

At the moment, Navy Shell is going to be a problem for the rest of 2012. Waiting on confirmation from Horween, but we burned through the last of it for the two MTO's that we already submitted (Double Monk, Austerity Brogue), and I can't say for sure if we'll get more in time for delivery by the end of the year.
That said, we can certainly do it in Midnight Calf without a problem. Or we can set up a preorder for a Navy Shell Jodphur with the understanding that delivery could happen in the early Spring of 2013.

Seems like there's a lot of interest in the midnight boot with a grey suede strap, and dainite sole.

What do you think? Any other details you suggest?

How many do we need to get this going?

Thanks!!

diglett

Reaction score
Dig, just about every shoe make offers a wingtip or captoe for a relatively fair price at little to zero wait time. Hurry up and buy those staples and then help us round out the navy jodhpur order
biggrin.gif
Ha, fair enough. I'm leaning waaay towards a "no" on this boot, but I'll still take a look at the model, whenever it's made and gets photographed.
Seems like there's a lot of interest in the midnight boot with a grey suede strap, and dainite sole.
What do you think? Any other details you suggest?
How many do we need to get this going?
Thanks!!
Just out of curiosity (since I've never seen/worn them), what are Dainite soles like? Do they feel like rubber soles on cheaper shoes (e.g., Johnston & Murphy)?

And isn't there a bit of a taboo surrounding rubber soles when it comes to higher tiers of men's shoes? Even if that's untrue, what are the benefits over opting for a leather sole?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics