1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

^ you're gonna have a long winter

2. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^

I may be the only person in the world who's looking forward to the cold weather!

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

No sir...I am as well!

4. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Well-Known Member

Take that global warming :bounce2:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  5. mymil

mymil Well-Known Member

^ I love fall/winter, dislike summer.

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

^But summer is when you can wear flip flops all the time. Wrong thread?

7. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

Awesome; I will be on the austerity brogue bal boot wagon, indeed. Forest is a huge win - will wide sizes be available?

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

I'll say that my photo (the one on the top) is more accurate. I wanted to show you guys the true color, so I shot my pic with custom white balance set and diffused daylight. Although I'll say that red is a tough color to photograph and display accurately on a monitor, I think that my pic is as close as it comes.

The second shot is washed out overall (the cognac looks like a light-ish medium brown, when it's definitely dark in real life), so Ruby there looks lighter and more pale red than it should.

In terms of last, I'm actually going to use the Queens last. Both Carmina and the Armoury suggested it as a better and easier fit than the Alcudia. It's got a great rounded toe, and will still get us the look that we want:

[​IMG]

Thank you sir!

9. mymil

mymil Well-Known Member

Uh, winter is when I get to break out my shearling-lined flip-flops, so no.

10. runningfrog

runningfrog Well-Known Member

Mike - How does the Queens fit compared to Forest? I found the Forest to be a little wide for me. The two sides of my Fitzgerland shortwings are nearly touching when I pull the laces tight. If Queens fits a little slimmer, I think it will work to get the same size. I found the Robert fits a little slimmer than the Forest, but it's also hard to compare because the Robert is a balmoral and the Forest is a blucher.

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Queens last in the county Kings...cant wait

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Queens looks ahellava lot like the Robert last. Would be interested to know how they compare as well

13. applky

applky Well-Known Member

Exactly where my mind went too.

14. Epaulet

Hey guys!

Apologies for my LONG absence on the thread. Right after my trip to LA, I've had back to back meetings with web designers on the pending overhaul of our website (scheduled for late Oct, early Nov). I've finally got everyone tasked with what needs to happen, so I can get back to (shoe) business.

Here's what's happening from my side:

1. I'm getting 100 pairs of Carminas sometime this week - most likely Wednesday. I'm not sure exactly what's inside yet, but I'm hoping that some of our MTO styles are. You guys will be the very first to know. I believe that our long-awaited shell cordovan belts are going to be in there too. If some styles are missing, then I know that we have another box going out in about 15-20 days, and they should be in there.

2. I know that the Pythons are coming in with that later October shipment. They were finished in time, but we're navigating the brouha of importing them into the States. Believe it or not, they need a "fish and wildlife" waiver on the customs documents, so we're grinding that out now.

3. I'll get the Ruby shell preorder up tomorrow, sorry for the crazy wait on that! We'll have fit details for the Queens last there.

4. The Wholecut and Suede Jodphur actually fell a little bit short for the makeup minimum. We need 2 more orders on the wholecut and about 4 more on the Jodphur before they can go into production. I reactivated them on the site:

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-Mens-Preorder-Items/Categories

I'll put this into our Epaulet thread tomorrow. If we can get these additional orders within the next 2 weeks, then we can go forward with this. If not, then I'll have to cancel the makeup and I'll immediately refund anyone who put in the deposit. I imagine that we'll make the wholecut, but the Jodphur is iffy at the moment. Let's see if we can get some additional guys signed on.

Thanks!

15. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Well-Known Member

Mike - Any info on the scotch grain boot?

16. diglett

diglett Well-Known Member

See:

Thanks for the update, Mike.

17. runningfrog

runningfrog Well-Known Member

yesssss :slayer:

18. JawnGault

JawnGault Well-Known Member

Interested in the Jodphur. I am a 7.5uk in the Forest last with slightly wider feet. Any sizing tips?

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

^ the forest last is slightly wide so they may fit without sizing up width

20. Epaulet

[​IMG]
    Special Order Ruby Shell Cordovan Captoe DEPOSIT: $425

Hey guys!

Thanks again for bearing with me, we're finally all set to go on the Ruby shell punched captoe! There's a total of 10 slots available.

Now, I put a really long-winded explaination of the makeup and how the photos relate to it. If you're confused, I totally understand. Just post your question up here and I'll give a quick answer, I'll be all over this thread until the shoes are sold through.

I spoke with Carmina and we should be good with a December delivery, but just to be safe, I'm going to say to December-January on this. Once we get too close to holiday times, things have a way of getting backed up (factory people take off early, customs is slow and slammed with gift parcels, etc), so there is a possibility that this could leave Spain in time, but still only make it here after the new year. So please order these with that understanding.

I didn't put a deadline on ordering because there seems to be a ton of interest in the shoes, and I think that it will sell out all of the leather that's available. If that doesn't happen, then we'll submit the order next Tues-Wed to ensure that it makes it to Carmina in time. Either way I'll be in touch.

Thanks!