1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

I vote to do the Austerity Brogue Boot as a Balmoral and wait for an Early Spring delivery. Better to wait and truly get something special.

2. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Mike,
    I saw the pictures of the Ruby loafer you posted before, but couldn't get a good feel on whether the color would be formal enough to wear with a navy or grey suit? Or would you say this is something that is more casually geared. Just trying to get a better sense of the color(because lighting can change perception so much)

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Considering the whole cut and wondering about sizing. 10UK Inca was too small for me all around. 10.5UK Forest is a little too narrow. 11UK Forest is comfortable in the width, but longer than necessary. Therefore, ordered a balmoral boot in Forest 10.5UK wide, but won't be able to see how that fits before making a decision on the Inca whole cut.

Taking into consideration that Inca comes in only the standard width, my feel is that I should go for 11UK to get the width even if the length isn't ideal. I bet 10.5UK is going to be tight.

Does this sound right?

4. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Did we abandon another python MTO?

5. TPP777

TPP777 New Member

and what about the navy whole cut?

6. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Anyone have a pic of the Caramel whole cut? Trying to get an idea of whether Caramel is a darker or lighter shade of brown?

7. JCPhoto

JCPhoto Well-Known Member

8. JCPhoto

Try the googles?
    They're not the wholecut but here's some pictures of Carmina's Caramel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Cuttingboard

Thanks...no idea why I was asking that question but it was terribly important at the time!! Trying to decide if I want caramel or tan.

10. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

After thinking about it for a couple of days, doing the austerity brogue boot would be better as a bal and, therefore, worth waiting for, even if it means not having it for this winter. :slayer:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  11. JCPhoto

Yeah I think most of us agree, we'll wait for spring on those to get exactly what we want.

12. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

I agree

Absolutely. I could order a dozen different blucher boots and have them here by the weekend. And while I love my blucher boots, the idea of an MTO (to me...) is to get something special, somewhat unavailable, etc.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ no need to fret gents, you can get exactly what you want from Saint Crispins for a cool $1600

:rolleyes:

14. Cuttingboard

If your talking about a boot similar to the pic...I would rather wait till Spring too!

[​IMG]

What so different about the Caramel wholecut that we have to do a MTO...the medallion?

15. JCPhoto

LOL Touché good sir!

Although that would end up being twice as expensive and take all the fun out of doing an MTO project!

16. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

Go direct and it will not be $1600.

17. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Sorry to be out of touch for a few days - we're just wrapping up our trunk show in LA. Thanks to everyone who came here, and enjoy your Carminas!

Quick update:

1. I'm back in NY tomorrow night and we'll get the Ruby Shell Bal Preorder rolling!

2. Bal Austerity Brogue boot for Spring 13 is a GO. :slayer:

This isn't a pattern that exists with Carmina, but I'm going to invest in it and work out the new shape with them. You guys are right - it's brilliant, and I think that we can do a lot with it. The first step will be to make a sample and see how it comes out. Realistically, we'd be looking at a sample in late October and an production run with delivery around February. Still plenty of boot season then, and we can do a few makeups in calf and suede. They're really jazzed to work with us on this.

Price-wise, it should be more or less in line with the other Bal Boots, at most something like $25-$30 higher due to the extra details

In terms of the last, I'm going to try and first work out a sample on the Forest. We've got great feedback on fit for that last, and that's the one that we can run in wides. I'll be in touch as we develop this out.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  18. diglett

diglett Senior member

Awesome! All of this extra time before the pre-order has me see-sawing on whether or not to snatch that Ruby shell... [​IMG] It looks like I have a day to decide.

Thanks for the update!

19. diglett

diglett Senior member

Hey Mike, which of these is a better representation of the Ruby shell?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (second from the left)

They look very different. Also, for sizing on Alcudia, should we go with our typical sizes for Inca, Forest, etc.?

Sorry for posting twice in a row; I just wanted to make sure that you saw this.

20. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Senior member

Just placed my order for the chocolate brown suede jodhpur boots.

Mike you guys need to stop making such awesome MTO's! I've ordered every boot so far!!

Now on to the waiting game again :-(