Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. applky

applky Senior member

^ I was about to be very impressed. But mid-November is still pretty great.

Finally got my first pair of Carminas -- the last pair of caramel double monks before the restock -- and am thrilled with them. Tongue pads, no socks, good to go.

2. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

Let's put that saddle shell to use. How about making the Thompson PTB in Saddle shell?

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I'm still interested in that Soller last split toe blucher.:) Might do the Thompson PTB, though I'd prefer a flat welt...

4. theinsider

theinsider Senior member

I second the vote for the Thompson.

5. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

I second your second

6. diglett

diglett Senior member

I'm already regretting not picking up the cognac shell boot...

7. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

I've been playing the waiting game already for a few weeks now. Waiting that is for Mike to remove the MTO from the web-site so that I don't wake up every morning thinking "you know what, maybe I do need that boot after all" !

I was this >|< close to signing up for the chocloate calf/suede combo (amazing boot). In any case it looks as though with the upcoming restocks and the new MTOs being discussed that there will be more Carminas in my life soon ...

Quick question: is there also going to be a restock of the Sinclair in saddle shell, or was that a one-off?

8. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

I'm wearing my pair right now [​IMG] I think this is going to be a standard offering from Epaulet so I would expect a restock. I'm surprised that there are some pairs still left in stock.

9. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

MarioImpemba supports this message.

10. stingray1381

stingray1381 Senior member

11. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Senior member

Totally down for a custom jodhpur boot. Maybe put that saddle to use? Though there seems to be interest in using it as a PTB, which I also think would be awesome. Maybe do the jodhpur in caramel calf? A wild makeup would be to do it in tan like those wholecuts shown awhile back from the armoury. Or suede even o_O

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  12. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I told myself the scotch grain bal would be my only city boot but I really love the this Jodhpur boot. (Photo borrowed from the Armoury)

[​IMG]

13. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Mike - do you happen to have a total of how many of each special order was ordered from Carmina? Thanks

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Navy shell Jodhpur MTO dream, may it rest in peace

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thank you sir - glad that you're enjoying them!

Agreed on the Saddle. I'll show you guys some shoe pics over the next few days. I have a sample of the Split-toe in a scotch grain Saddle and it makes up really nice!

Before you guys ask - I'm way ahead of you - I said that I'd take ANY and ALL scotch grain shell that's available. Still haven't heard back from Horween, but the sample is about 9 years old and I'm pretty sure that no longer make any kind of scotch shell.

But that said - doing it in normal saddle would be completely ace. Since the leather's there, maybe we can nail down a makeup idea or two over the next few weeks. Delivery would be around November 15th for the next batches, but I could at least put a hold on the leather with Carmina.

Haha, they'll definitely be more to come! And I don't have a Saddle restock scheduled at the moment for the Sinclair, but I'm hoping for an September-October delivery of it in Cognac Shell.

Yup, final tally to date is:

Snuff Austerity Brogue: 22 units
    Python Austerity Brogue: 9 units
    Cognac Bal Boot: 11 units
    Black Scotchgrain Bal Boot: 16 units
    Calf/Suede Bal Boot: 11 units
    Navy Shell Double Monk: 8 units
    Navy Shell Austerity Brogue: 9 units

The numbers are great! We're hitting the minimums for production and good prices each time, but not making a gonzo amount of every makeup. It's perfect!

Sooooo, I've been meaning to talk to you guys about this. I'll upload some pics tonight. But I'm pretty sure that I've got the solution for both the Jodphur and the Wholecut.

It's a leather that I call: Midnight Calfskin :)

It's absolutely beautiful! The sample is actually a wholecut, so you'll be able to see exactly how it made up in that pattern. And it would be absolutely killer in a Jodphur. It's a soft French leather that's a very dark navy - more or less the color tone of Navy Shell. Since we tapped out all of the Navy shell for the near future, this is a great alternative for some Fall/Winter makeups, and the pricing is very good.

I was even thinking maybe we could do a two-tone boot concept with grey suede or cognac scotchgrain :slayer:

Photos to come later!